Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Him and his wife could have gone for one of those combo lettered T-Shirt efforts you often see as well.

His wife with an "A N" one and him with "D Y M U R R A Y S C O T T I S H W I M B L E D O N C H A M P I O N 2 0 1 3"

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He makes me ashamed to be Scottish. He's an embarrassment to our nation, there he is like a fat seal trying to steal a wonderful moment for the whole country - a glorious day for Britain - for his own political agenda. The world was watching. An absolute cringe. But notice he still enjoyed his jolly down to England though and lapped up their hospitality! I hope my fellow Scots are wise to this fool and like me plan to vote to stay part of the union. It's possible to be proud to be both Scottish and British.

:lol: Lolz

Because it looked, as one commentator described it quite well, "naff".

It's the kind of thing you expect from punters in the crowd, not the First Minister. I'm curious as to why he didn't go for some blue and white face paint.

You would have just criticised him for something else. I thought it was quite amusing. Of course, then I saw the sheer amount of rage that it generated, and as a consequence, loved it! :D

It's the kind of thing you expect from punters in the crowd, not the First Minister. I'm curious as to why he didn't go for some blue and white face paint.

Politician in looking a wee bit naff shocker. Would Cameron, Milliband and Salmond have been there in any case if Murray hadn't made it to the final? There is something quite genuine about Salmond and his flag waving, especially when contrasted with the stony faced Milliband who looked like he'd rather be any where else but had obviously been told he had to go - probably becuase Cameron was going.

Politician in looking a wee bit naff shocker. Would Cameron, Milliband and Salmond have been there in any case if Murray hadn't made it to the final? There is something quite genuine about Salmond and his flag waving, especially when contrasted with the stony faced Milliband who looked like he'd rather be any where else but had obviously been told he had to go - probably becuase Cameron was going.

I do wonder if HB would have criticised if (say) David Cameron had whipped out a British flag. I suspect we all know the answer to this.

I was very amused to see Salmond make a tit of himself. And not at all surprised.

I can't believe anyone thought that Saltire stunt would reflect well on him. What a fud.

You're clearing not seething at all

Politician in looking a wee bit naff shocker. Would Cameron, Milliband and Salmond have been there in any case if Murray hadn't made it to the final?

No, but what's that got to do with it? What a strange question.

Cameron and Milliband managed to behave themselves at least.

I do wonder if HB would have criticised if (say) David Cameron had whipped out a British flag. I suspect we all know the answer to this.

There was never any chance of Cameron doing that. He's a bit too statesmanlike and polished for that.

Time and a place.

You're clearing not seething at all

Yes, indeed. I'm loving it. I despise Alec Salmond, so seeing him make a fool of himself is delicious.

I bet he regrets doing it now. He looked like an idiot.

Ironic Kenny Farquarson of the Scotsman was getting all hot and bothered about Salmond waving the Saltire, when his newspaper were the ones who super-imposed a Nazi sign onto the Saltire flag in one of it's Sunday editions

The only reason people are even talking about this is because of the referendum. Had any other politician waved any flag they would have been called patriotic. If England win the World Cup do you think we will see Cameron holding an England flag? Yes, we probably will.

I find it quite embarrassing for my country that people are upset about the First Minister waving our own flag. Any Americans looking in must be absolutely bewildered.

It was quite clearly not a photobomb as some headlines say.

The only pictures of him with the flag are stills from the BBC's coverage. Does Alex Salmond have a magic power to know just when the BBC editor is going to cut to pictures of him and David Cameron? Did he know Cameron was going to be sitting directly in front of him when he smuggled the flag into the ground? It looked to me like a man and his wife getting caught up in the emotion of the occasion. It was good to see a politician with a human side.

There was never any chance of Cameron doing that.

Correct, he clearly has no passion regarding Scotland, unlike our first minister. Cameron can't even be arsed to come to Scotland to discuss independence, would rather leave it for Darling to do.

Yes, indeed. I'm loving it. I despise Alec Salmond, so seeing him make a fool of himself is delicious.

I bet he regrets doing it now. He looked like an idiot.

I doubt that somehow.

The only person that described it as "naff" was Labour's Tom Harris. Is that the "commentator" you are quoting?

No, but what's that got to do with it? What a strange question.

Cameron and Milliband managed to behave themselves at least.

Well aye, you'll note that i included Salmond in my 'strange question' the point is that Cameron turning up to wimbledon is as much about associating himself with success and supporting 'Britain' as is Salmond waving a flag about trying to associate positivity and success with Scotland.

it may have been a stunt, but he did seem genuinely happy to be there supporting the guy, plenty of 'ordinary' folk in the crowd were waving saltires but we focus on him 'cos he's first minister. Maybe the guy is allowed to enjoy the day in his own way as a patriotic scotsman as much as the next guy is.

The only reason people are even talking about this is because of the referendum. Had any other politician waved any flag they would have been called patriotic. If England win the World Cup do you think we will see Cameron holding an England flag? Yes, we probably will.

I find it quite embarrassing for my country that people are upset about the First Minister waving our own flag. Any Americans looking in must be absolutely bewildered.

It was quite clearly not a photobomb as some headlines say.

The only pictures of him with the flag are stills from the BBC's coverage. Does Alex Salmond have a magic power to know just when the BBC editor is going to cut to pictures of him and David Cameron? Did he know Cameron was going to be sitting directly in front of him when he smuggled the flag into the ground? It looked to me like a man and his wife getting caught up in the emotion of the occasion. It was good to see a politician with a human side.

:lol: Not a bad try davidAlex,but unconvincing.

Correct, he clearly has no passion regarding Scotland, unlike our first minister.

What?

Andy Murray is a British sportsman, performing in a huge British event. Cameron looked absolutely delighted, but he just has a bit more class about him than Salmond.

You wouldn't have seen someone like John Smith or even Blair whipping out a flag in the same circumstances either.

I much prefer a "naff" F.M. to national leaders who drag the country into illegal wars or persecute the poor and disabled.

Yep. I wonder if HB is still proudly "Scottish AND British", given that he is so ashamed of his own flag.

Edited to add, and yes, if only Alex Salmond was a bit more like David Cameron or Tony Blair! :lol:

it may have been a stunt, but he did seem genuinely happy to be there supporting the guy,

So was Cameron. I'm not sure what your point is here.

Archived