Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It could not have been on the 24th June that would have been to obvious, but it will be part of the events celebrating

Bannockburn

Incidentally, ive never "celebrated" Bannockburn in my life, but even if people did, is this a bad thing?

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could not have been on the 24th June that would have been to obvious, but it will be part of the events celebrating

Bannockburn

Incidentally, ive never "celebrated" Bannockburn in my life, but even if people did, is this a bad thing?

Bannockburn

Yeah, and if they'd held it this year it would've been 699 years since bannockburn, or they could've done it in 2015, and it would be 701 years since then. That's the thing about anniversary dates, they tend to roll around on an annual basis.

Could be worse,ive noticed the ww1 celebrations are in glasgow next year,the full national celebrations,queen the full works

When was the last time this happened outside of london????

Oh, you will next year, Salmond will mention it more than ever

Incidentally, Westminster has decreed that we will be commemorating the start of WW1 next year, now, given that it seems bloody odd to commemorate the start of a war, rather than the end, I assume you will be decrying that cynical show of British national pride, as Cameron drapes himself in a Union Jack and warbles on about 'solidarity' and 'togetherness'.

Bannockburn

18th September is the anniversary of the British taking Quebec, a more Britishy kind of event I cannot imagine. Also, the death of Jimi Hendrix.

I see that the fat b*****d has been summoning the dead to find out their views on his independence referendum. Apparently he canvassed Robert Burns from beyond the grave and discovered that he will be a yes voter.

Good to see that now the phoney war, as the fat turd described it, is over, that he is now getting right down to the nuts and bolts of the real war by making ludicrous statements based on absolute f**k all.

Thankfully this fat p***k will be enjoying his several pensions by the end of September next year.

Err, no.

Scotland already practises self-determination. People who don't understand this are morons. Like well, you.

If you think Scotland voting Labour, but ending up with a Conservative government, or Scottish MPs voting against the Iraq War, against Trident replacement, against benefit cuts and against the bedroom tax, only to still have them all implemented anyway is 'self-determination', then you crack on you absolute walloper.

You have had a nightmare on here lately and have been shown up more than once. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try, though.

If you think Scotland voting Labour, but ending up with a Conservative government, or Scottish MPs voting against the Iraq War, against Trident replacement, against benefit cuts and against the bedroom tax, only to still have them all implemented anyway is 'self-determination', then you crack on you absolute walloper.

You have had a nightmare on here lately and have been shown up more than once. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try, though.

General Elections have nothing to do with self-determination.

Self-determination is a process by which a polity decides how they are governed and by what structures; not who comprises their government at any given time.

A no vote is every bit as much "self-determination" as a yes vote. It's that act of deciding that is self-determination.

ETA: indeed I think you cited the Self-determination article on Wikipedia a few pages ago, correct? Verbatim from it:

The principle [of self-determination] does not state how the decision is to be made, or what the outcome should be, whether it be independence, federation, protection, some form of autonomy or even full assimilation. Neither does it state what the delimitation between nations should be — or even what constitutes a nation. In fact, there are conflicting definitions and legal criteria for determining which groups may legitimately claim the right to self-determination.

So put simply, self-determination is a principle which embodies the right of the people of Scotland to choose their constitutional relationship with sovereignty. As long as it's them choosing, even a vote to abolish the Scottish Parliament, respected and implemented, constitutes self-determination. Donald Finlay is pro self-determination. He just doesn't agree with you or, well, just about anyone, on how we should do so.

Funnily enough: why do some CDUists/Yoorosceptics claim that an independent Scotland within the EU would be "ruled by Brussels", even though we have some things implemented in Scotland that a majority of our elected MPs have opposed in this United Kingdom of ours?

Absolute fucking bampots. :lol:

Oh look, ignoring the Unionists and "keeping us honest".

I've been in Edinburgh the last two days spending time with my family. I'm re-entering the thread on the subject matter that people are currently posting on.

Last time I asked you to tell me what you wanted me to condemn, you never responded. I just can't win with you.

General Elections have nothing to do with self-determination.

Self-determination is a process by which a polity decides how they are governed and by what structures; not who comprises their government at any given time.

A no vote is every bit as much "self-determination" as a yes vote. It's that act of deciding that is self-determination.

self-determination

Definition

self-government: government of a political unit by its own people.

So, did the people of Scotland choose/decide/vote for the Conservatives to govern them in 2010? Be very specific in your answer.

Archived