Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They quite clearly instructed voters to choose Mr 'no to separation' Young. And they didn't.

Gutted for you, but I suspect you must be getting used to horsings from the 'separatists' by now.

pleasing.jpg

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were "non party affiliated" YES Scotland campaigners involved in fighting for the SNP up there? I heard they were.

Name names here. Do you mean the SSP who didn't field a candidate? If so, at least have the baws to say so.

Have Labour said this is ''the road back to power'' yet :lol: ?

SNP hold the seat after 6 years in government, Independence receiving pounding after WARNING and WARNING from the Hootsman, BBC, The Sun, Herald and so on. Labour playing up this as a mini-referendum with that leaflet above.

And they still don't win!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, the Herald seems pretty neutral and even pro-indy at times.

They quite clearly instructed voters to choose Mr 'no to separation' Young. And they didn't.

Gutted for you, but I suspect you must be getting used to horsings from the 'separatists' by now.

pleasing.jpg

:lol:

We need a Salmond pleasing gif like the Jefferies one. :D

Remember 500 questions? Here are 200 more things that we would need to do!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-22993752

The UK government has published this list of 200 organisations it claims may need to be replicated in an independent Scotland.

The list, which was compiled by the Scotland Office, includes government departments such as the Foreign Office and the Ministry of Defence and extends to bodies such as the BBC and Met Office.

Or in other words, really, really, really hard!

ETA, wings do a much better evisceration here:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/trimming-the-fat/#more-36075

:D

They instructed nothing. They said it was an opportunity to say 'no' to separation, you tried to draw a pish inference that the electorate had rejected saying 'no' to separation which was easily dismantled because you hadn't done the most basic of research.

Don't recall any horsings on this or the previous thread(s) but then I don't let myself get drawn into three hour arguments into the small hours. I do remember having to school you on the old thread about there being riots when the Act of Union was signed because you'd said no-one had cared. Didn't you take the huff because the source was a Magnus Magnusson book on the History of Scotland rather than an academic thesis? :D

THE UK SPACE AGENCY

Tell you what, let’s put interstellar exploration on the “B Priorities” list, eh?

HIGH SPEED 2 LTD

What, the HS2 that isn’t coming within 200 miles of Scotland?

THE OFFICE FOR BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY

The one the UK managed to somehow struggle along without for hundreds of years until it was formed in 2010?

THE STUDENT LOANS COMPANY

See also: Gallows Maintenance PLC and the Office of the Witch-Finder General.

THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTORS

Are we planning to engage in a major war requiring conscription any time soon? Probably safe to cross this particular bridge when we come to it, then.

THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON CONSUMER ENGAGEMENT

“The Advisory Committee on Consumer Engagement reviews and assesses the Food Standards Agency consumer engagement work and provides external assurance to the Food Standards Agency Board that they continue to “put the consumer first” and that engagement is following good practice.”

Wait, has someone slipped us a leaked “The Thick Of It” script instead?

THE HORSERACE BETTING LEVY APPEAL TRIBUNAL

Okay, we’re going to have to throw a few billion at this one.

:D

They instructed nothing. They said it was an opportunity to say 'no' to separation, you tried to draw a pish inference that the electorate had rejected saying 'no' to separation which was easily dismantled because you hadn't done the most basic of research.

Please provide the figure for the candidate saying 'no to separation', thanks. Did they win the seat, or did 'yes to separation' win the seat, again? So... how did that desperate pleading work out for Scottish Labour?

By all means continue window dressing around that fact, though.

Don't recall any horsings on this or the previous thread(s) but then I don't let myself get drawn into three hour arguments into the small hours. I do remember having to school you on the old thread about there being riots when the Act of Union was signed because you'd said no-one had cared.

I'm going to have to ask for evidence of such an accusation, thanks. I have no doubt whatsoever that my actual contention was correct though, given I have actually looked at such questions as part of a degree, whereas you looked in a book written by a non-academic nobody.

Didn't you take the huff because the source was a Magnus Magnusson book on the History of Scotland rather than an academic thesis? :D

As above, the only credible histories are written by, erm, historians. In the same way that I won't be consulting Jackie Bird to understand how particle physics works.

By all means compare Magnusson's work to that of other failures in the field, such as Jeremy Paxman's utterly discredited hagiography of the British Empire. Complete with not a single scrap of archival research. Good job guys!

Dunno, I never followed the by election and I have no idea what issues were campaigned on which is why I said "may be concerning". For all I know the SNP didn't bother getting off their arses at all and relied on their core vote. But as an outsider looking in, that's a spectacular collapse in SNP votes.

Generally incumbent parties do worse the longer into their term they are. There are exceptions, of course, but it's a decent rule of thumb. To call a by-election hold a "spectacular collapse" is basically to call most by-election results spectacular collapses, i.e. rendering it meaningless.

So you hav'nt met any Unionists.What a closed group of mates you must have.

Everyone knows that one of the massive issues of the referendum is the feeling of Britishness and not Scottishness amongst the voters.

You can pretend it doesn't exist till the cows come home,but it makes your nationalist point of view look daft and it changes nothing to Unionists who consider themselves British,as in British within the UK.

Follow your logic your European whether you like it or not.

All of what I have said there is correct.

Scotland isn't an EU member. The UK is an EU member. Scots are EU citizens by virtue of being UK subjects.

Post secession Scotland will have to apply for EU membership. The UK will retain its existing EU membership.

So true.

I'd be highly surprised if YES Scotland shouted from the roof tops; Vote YES, let's join the Euro. Could be a vote loser me thinks. Better Together will be publicising the fact 2-3 weeks before the ballot.

Guess Scotland fill me with dread. No hope, no detail, no facts.

Voting No. :thumsup2

So true.

I'd be highly surprised if YES Scotland shouted from the roof tops; Vote YES, let's join the Euro. Could be a vote loser me thinks. Better Together will be publicising the fact 2-3 weeks before the ballot.

Guess Scotland fill me with dread. No hope, no detail, no facts.

Voting No. :thumsup2

We're not going to be joining the Euro. You're an idiot.

Why is it a "FACT" that we are joining the EURO? What is your source?

Archived