Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot was thrown at Donside and the important thing was to get him over the finishing line which was accomplished.

By elections always have a lower turn out, it's mid term and the government always takes a bit of a kicking. It's a safe seat, so I reckon the result is about right.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno, I never followed the by election and I have no idea what issues were campaigned on which is why I said "may be concerning". For all I know the SNP didn't bother getting off their arses at all and relied on their core vote. But as an outsider looking in, that's a spectacular collapse in SNP votes.

Not for the middle of a parliament with a new candidate who doesn't have anything like the same personal popularity of the old incumbent it's not.

Not for the middle of a parliament with a new candidate who doesn't have anything like the same personal popularity of the old incumbent it's not.

Were "non party affiliated" YES Scotland campaigners involved in fighting for the SNP up there? I heard they were.

But as a desperate outsider looking in, that's a spectacular collapse in SNP votes.

Fixed that for you. To recap for the non-CDU fluffers: SNP gains an unprecedented share of the vote in 2011, faces a by-election precisely half-way through its given term: wins at a canter.

The only thing spectacularly collapsing at the moment is BitterTogether's arse.

post-11540-0-74893100-1371828205_thumb.j

post-11540-0-74893100-1371828205_thumb.j

Fixed that for you. To recap for the non-CDU fluffers: SNP gains an unprecedented share of the vote in 2011, faces a by-election precisely half-way through its given term: wins at a canter.

The only thing spectacularly collapsing at the moment is BitterTogether's arse.

attachicon.gifpleasing.jpg

attachicon.gifpleasing.jpg

Whit?

There's nothing desperate about it. I'm asking why the SNP lost a third of their vote. Others have attempted to give reasons, you post irrelevant pictures. Sums you up really.

Is the USA a country ? ;)

Yep!

Is Abkhazia a state?

Isn't it weird how these things are so clear-cut, except when they're not?

Yep!

Is Abkhazia a state?

Isn't it weird how these things are so clear-cut, except when they're not?

Indeed.

Country is a particularly impossible entity to define.

Have Labour said this is ''the road back to power'' yet :lol: ?

SNP hold the seat after 6 years in government, Independence receiving pounding after WARNING and WARNING from the Hootsman, BBC, The Sun, Herald and so on. Labour playing up this as a mini-referendum with that leaflet above.

And they still don't win!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If voting for unionist parties were an opportunity to say "no", 55% of the voters took it.

[insert gif]

True enough. I'd take a 45-55 split at this stage.

If voting for unionist parties were an opportunity to say "no", 55% of the voters took it.

[insert gif]

If that were the instruction placed on the poster, then your clutching at straws might have been a valid point. It wasn't so... it's not.

Scottish Labour specifically instructed voters to vote for its candidate in order to "say no to separation". They didn't. Instead Mr 'No to separation' easily lost in a plurality to the party of 'separation'. Again. Making things even better, it's crystal clear that the BitterTogether campaign's sole weapon continues to be, err, replacing the word 'independence' with separation. That's some cutting edge stuff!

pleasing.jpg

If that were the instruction placed on the poster, then your clutching at straws might have been a valid point. It wasn't so... it's not.

Scottish Labour specifically instructed voters to vote for its candidate in order to "say no to separation". They didn't. Instead Mr 'No to separation' easily lost in a plurality to the party of 'separation'. Again. Making things even better, it's crystal clear that the BitterTogether campaign's sole weapon continues to be, err, replacing the word 'independence' with separation. That's some cutting edge stuff!

pleasing.jpg

...the utter shambles of the separatists campaign so far.

...the utter shambles of the separatists campaign so far.

That being the case, it's understandable why the SNP saw a crushing rebuke of their popularity at last night's by-... oh wait.

pleasing.jpg

By all means keep the wishing upon a star predictions coming though - just like we had on the thread prior to the unprecedented SNP majority in 2011. Just like when you claimed Mitt Romney was certain to be U.S. President also. In other words, a complete busted flush of a poster.

pleasing.jpg

Scottish Labour specifically instructed voters to vote for its candidate in order to "say no to separation".

:D

They didn't specifically instruct anything. Read it again.

Swampy's response >>>>>>>> Your response

Archived