Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see the nattards have been furious all morning.

That will be another prediction that I got spectacularly right.

<_<

So are you going to explain your claim about Arthur "Alex" Donaldson collaborating with the Nazi Party?

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its nice that some people think that I am not on a par with the others you've mentioned!

In this case, my comment was deliberately aimed right at Reynard, riffing off his frequent Nazi jibes. It wasn't just indiscriminately made, I mean I'm an independence supporter, why would I make Nazi allusions with regard to independence, but it was carefully targeted. Therefore, I will defend my use of Nazi jibes with someone who makes plenty of his own Nazi jibes.

You called at least 60% of your fellow countrymen traitors and quislings without actually knowing what a quisling actually was.

I made a Hitler bunker analogy which was excellent and didn't actually cast any Nazi aspersions unlike yourself (unwittingly due to your stupidity). I then correctly pointed out to you that your favourite political prty's ex leader could indeed be correctly called a Quisling using the correct original definition of the word.

You then spent the rest of the morning rolling around the floor of the box office hammering it with your fists in a gigantic tantrum.

Is Gordon Wilson also to be called a quisling and a traitor for daring to say that you will lose this referendum? He is merely stating (correctly) that he fully expects to lose this and that it will be a case of "maybe next time", which is also something I agree with him about. It certainly isnt going to be this time though.

You called at least 60% of your fellow countrymen traitors and quislings without actually knowing what a quisling actually was.

I made a Hitler bunker analogy which was excellent and didn't actually cast any Nazi aspersions unlike yourself (unwittingly due to your stupidity). I then correctly pointed out to you that your favourite political prty's ex leader could indeed be correctly called a Quisling using the correct original definition of the word.

You then spent the rest of the morning rolling around the floor of the box office hammering it with your fists in a gigantic tantrum.

Is Gordon Wilson also to be called a quisling and a traitor for daring to say that you will lose this referendum? He is merely stating (correctly) that he fully expects to lose this and that it will be a case of "maybe next time", which is also something I agree with him about. It certainly isnt going to be this time though.

The Reynard version: utterly wrong on every point. You really are worthless as a defender of the Union (and possibly as a human being) so now you're on Iggy with the rest of the trolls.

Actually, I was shown to be bang on with my Michael Moore is a Quisling argument. 100% bang on. It seems that you don't actually know what a quisling is. Must be a problem with your reading. Again. I've already responded to your Gordon Wilson point. Twice. You seem to have reading difficulties. Again.

Now, on to your "Alex" Donaldson claims. I know nothing about this, and you brought it up, so explain your point. In what way did he collaborate with the Nazi Party?

Why are we talking about whether Reynard is a hypocrite when we could be talking about:

923197_618194891524758_1730887107_n.jpg

Those are some pretty damn interesting headlines.

Particularly like the first line in the Scotsman's article:

INTERNATIONAL firms are being attracted to invest in Scotland by the prospect of independence, a major new survey has indicated.

Why are we talking about whether Reynard is a hypocrite when we could be talking about:

923197_618194891524758_1730887107_n.jpg

Those are some pretty damn interesting headlines.

Particularly like the first line in the Scotsman's article:

Agreed - as normally when there is a good news story for the Yes side, we get the "deflection" of a non-issue taking up the bandwidth on here.

Unfortunately, this is because the usual suspects on the Yes side can't help being drawn in, instead of addressing the real issues.

This report is dynamite - the argument that investment rather than being scared off is being encouraged by the prospect of independence is enormous.

DomDom and Banterman hit the nail on the head for me. Xbl wants to be taken seriously and says what he believes, whereas Reynard, so far as I can see, stopped doing that many months ago. I read xbl's posts as a result, but skip Reynard's so I genuinely didn't see the bunker comment. However, now you're asking, I took it to be a siege mentatlity point as opposed to a "SNP are nazis" point. On the other hand, I think the parallels that xbl draws between unionists and nazi-sympathisers are much more direct and (I think) much more deeply held beliefs.

If a serious "no" voter said something (can only think of H_B in this thread?) that was likening SNP/Yes to Nazis then I'd post something but I'd imagine by the time I saw it I'd be 6 pages late for that party.

Agreed - as normally when there is a good news story for the Yes side, we get the "deflection" of a non-issue taking up the bandwidth on here.

Unfortunately, this is because the usual suspects on the Yes side can't help being drawn in, instead of addressing the real issues.

This report is dynamite - the argument that investment rather than being scared off is being encouraged by the prospect of independence is enormous.

Reynard is playing an absolute blinder today. I'm pretty sure this is the biggest positive story for the YES campaign that I can remember.

If multinational firms are encouraged by independence, it's not because they're CEOs are looking forward to updating their desk globes. They see enormous untapped potential in Scotland, and want to be in at the ground floor so they can reap the benefits of a burgeoning economy.

Why is this worth discussing on here though? There is nothing new here. Everyone agrees that it is good news, so what is to discuss?

We've got to the state now where the only people who argue for the Union are an embarrassment, so this is no longer the place for serious discussion it seems.

Why is this worth discussing on here though? There is nothing new here. Everyone agrees that it is good news, so what is to discuss?

We've got to the state now where the only people who argue for the Union are an embarrassment, so this is no longer the place for serious discussion it seems.

Why discuss it? Because:

1. It discredits the argument that Scotland would become an economic wasteland

2. It blows the "uncertainty" argument out of the water

3. It is a positive economic story, when all we ever hear is the negative.

4. To put a negative spin on it - the uplift appears to be due to the potential for independence. What if that were to fail? Would Scotland voting No cost jobs?

here's a point worth discussiong - what does this say about the Scottish mainstream media that it's been reported?

Why discuss it? Because:

1. It discredits the argument that Scotland would become an economic wasteland

2. It blows the "uncertainty" argument out of the water

3. It is a positive economic story, when all we ever hear is the negative.

4. To put a negative spin on it - the uplift appears to be due to the potential for independence. What if that were to fail? Would Scotland voting No cost jobs?

But we all knew this anyway. It isn't anything new. I'm not stopping anyone discussing it though, I mean knock yourselves out by all means! I discuss real stories other places instead these days. As said yesterday, this thread will get more interesting next year. Until then, its only good for mocking the Unionists.

What made you change your mind, out of interest?

He was getting fed up being called a quisling collaborator who could dish it out but not take it?

Archived