Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Meanwhile in Q7, they ask the repsondants if we need nukes more/as much/ less than/ or never did as much has we did in the Cold war with the soviets: 39% think we need it as much or more than we did, 47% Thinks we need it less now, or never did. Which you'll note correlates nicely to the numbers for and against nukes in principle in Q2, and yet in Q3/Q4 we have clearly contradictory results when asked specifically about the Trident/Vanguard system.

So, do the sub sample sizes in Q2/3 make the error larger? Well of course it does, but you have to wonder if the nature of the question makes the outcome different as well.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you see Renton, that analysis, taking a bit of time, not cherry picking, spinning or otherwise acting the c**t, is all good and well. What I can't be doing with is the glib black and whiteness that xbl presents as evidence. The cracker the other day was his "governments want to join the Euro even if their electors don't" bullshit, as if being technically correct on that issue matters a flying f**k.

So you'll excuse me - as someone who is totally against nuclear weapons on a UK never mind Scottish level - if on this occasion I play the man, not the ball.

Yes, but in Q3, the raw data was 51% in favour of replacement of Trident or a less powerful system.

Why do you ALWAYS do this? You present yourself as the only voice of reason, the only one who understands, and anyone disagreeing is either stupid or duplicitous.

You know, the ONLY good thing about a no vote, the one thing that would keep me warm in this eventuality, would be the thought of you rocking backwards and forwards and sucking your thumb.

Imagine the results if they'd actually been given the facts about how useless and expensive a replacement for Trident would be?

Yes, but in Q3, the raw data was 51% in favour of replacement of Trident or a less powerful system.

Why do you ALWAYS do this? You present yourself as the only voice of reason, the only one who understands, and anyone disagreeing is either stupid or duplicitous.

You know, the ONLY good thing about a no vote, the one thing that would keep me warm in this eventuality, would be the thought of you rocking backwards and forwards and sucking your thumb.

Team: St. Mirren.

Oh look, its the apologist again. The figures are pretty clear there, and I am pointing out that the story is incredibly selective. Question two is extremely clear, and Renton makes a good

The cracker the other day was his "governments want to join the Euro even if their electors don't" bullshit, as if being technically correct on that issue matters a flying f**k.[/indent]

I believe the term you need here is the much shorter "correct". The initial argument was that "literally no-one" wanted to join the Euro. I pointed out examples of countries who wanted to join the Euro, you went into a hissy fit rather than acknowledge that once again, I got it right. On the BBC, I once again on this thread laid out a pretty clear case of why they are incredibly biased. Even your fellow apologist Ad Lib agrees. What did you do? Hissy fit and hide.

Oh look, its the apologist again. The figures are pretty clear there, and I am pointing out that the story is incredibly selective. Question two is extremely clear, and Renton makes a goodI believe the term you need here is the much shorter "correct". The initial argument was that "literally no-one" wanted to join the Euro. I pointed out examples of countries who wanted to join the Euro, you went into a hissy fit rather than acknowledge that once again, I got it right. On the BBC, I once again on this thread laid out a pretty clear case of why they are incredibly biased. Even your fellow apologist Ad Lib agrees. What did you do? Hissy fit and hide.

No - Renton discussed the figures rather than dismissing them. And as you both point out, it's the Telegraph for fucks sake. It's the Daily Mail for the educated fascist.

As for the beeb, I have no recollection, other than asking you whether or not this should have been covered, of having a hissy fit as you call it.

You're permanently on the lookout for slights, insults and bias. If you're right, I'm truly, truly happy to be wrong, because you are living in a nasty wee space.

Oh, and as for running and hiding, I'm on here daily, but a lot less than I used to be, work stuff. You did the same the other day. So please, stick with your monomaniacal ranting on this and leave the "runs away and hides " schtick for someone who deserves it.

Oh look, another Reynard post on this topic, another repeated (and several times disproven) lie.

And he also promised to bring those powers back at the earliest available opportunity. Which was April 6th 2013.

I take it the Parliament now has it's tax varying powers installed again as Swinney promised?

No - Renton discussed the figures rather than dismissing them. And as you both point out, it's the Telegraph for fucks sake. It's the Daily Mail for the educated fascist.

As for the beeb, I have no recollection, other than asking you whether or not this should have been covered, of having a hissy fit as you call it.

You're permanently on the lookout for slights, insults and bias. If you're right, I'm truly, truly happy to be wrong, because you are living in a nasty wee space.

Oh, and as for running and hiding, I'm on here daily, but a lot less than I used to be, work stuff. You did the same the other day. So please, stick with your monomaniacal ranting on this and leave the "runs away and hides " schtick for someone who deserves it.

And Europe? Where I was "technically correct"? :D

And Europe? Where I was "technically correct"? :D

Hmmm. Well, I agree that other countries want to join, but as we've discussed before, without the consent of their populations. Also, there is little debate that the Baltic states are having to choose between Russian or EU influence.

Anyway, I didn't say you were NEVER right. :ass

Hmmm. Well, I agree that other countries want to join, but as we've discussed before, without the consent of their populations.

Last time I checked all aspiring member-states were democracies, with regular multi-party elections. Why are you lying?

Last time I checked all aspiring member-states were democracies, with regular multi-party elections. Why are you lying?

I'm not. Tell me, why are you a nationalist? Is it, perhaps, because your multi party elections in your country aren't delivering what you want?

I'm not. Tell me, why are you a nationalist?

I'm not a nationalist. Another lie from yourself.

Now, going back to your initial fail: do you understand how a 'representative democracy' operates?

I'm not a nationalist. Another lie from yourself.

Now, going back to your initial fail: do you understand how a 'representative democracy' operates?

No? My mistake. You're so anti British and pro independence, I took it as given. It's hardly a lie though. Nor is an interpretation of the lack of voting rights on major decisions such as changing currencies as being undemocratic. I think you'll find it's a fairly widely held opinion. Care to withdraw your nasty wee accusation? I mean, I appreciate you can't just say, "you're wrong", and have to insult or degrade anyone who you disagree with, but give it a try. And please without any reference to "tone trolling". Thanks.

No? My mistake. You're so anti British and pro independence, I took it as given.

Yes, your mistake. Not sure why you've equated 'anti-British', to use your hysterical phrasing, to automatic nationalism either.

It's hardly a lie though.

It is. You claimed that member states seek to join the EU without the consent of their populations. They vote in a democratic manner, and, unsurprisingly, choose parties in favour of integration within the EU. This is how democracy works in just about every sovereign state in the world. You were blatantly lying.

Nor is an interpretation of the lack of voting rights on major decisions such as changing currencies as being undemocratic. I think you'll find it's a fairly widely held opinion. Care to withdraw your nasty wee accusation? I mean, I appreciate you can't just say, "you're wrong", and have to insult or degrade anyone who you disagree with, but give it a try. And please without any reference to "tone trolling". Thanks.

That's a nasty reaction you've had in response to your usual nonsense being disproven. Better luck next time.

Yes, your mistake. Not sure why you've equated 'anti-British', to use your hysterical phrasing to automatic nationalism either.

It is. You claimed that member states seek to join the EU without the consent of their populations. They vote in a democratic manner, and, unsurprisingly, choose parties in favour of integration within the EU. This is how democracy works in just about every sovereign state in the world. You were blatantly lying.

That's a nasty reaction you've had in response to your usual nonsense being disproven. Better luck next time.

No, I wasn't lying, You know it. I know it. And as for hysteria, I'm not the one accusing someone who disagrees with them of being a liar. In fact, you're lying. We were discussing joining the Euro, not the EU. That's CLEARLY a lie. Not a mistake made by not bothering to read the content of the discussion in your usual unseemly rush to insult and belittle. Liar.

And he also promised to bring those powers back at the earliest available opportunity. Which was April 6th 2013.

I take it the Parliament now has it's tax varying powers installed again as Swinney promised?

Has the Finance Commitee reported on their enquiry then?

No, I wasn't lying, You know it. I know it. And as for hysteria, I'm not the one accusing someone who disagrees with them of being a liar. In fact, you're lying. We were discussing joining the Euro, not the EU. That's CLEARLY a lie. Not a mistake made by not bothering to read the content of the discussion in your usual unseemly rush to insult and belittle. Liar.

I don't know what your problem is. You were wrong by miles, just accept it and move on.

"Despite an ongoing financial maelstrom, the euro hasn’t yet lost a single member, and indeed is continuing to add them. Estonia joined last year, Latvia enters next year and Romania the year after. Meanwhile Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City have concluded agreements allowing them to use it as their official currency. Similar arrangements come into force for Andorra soon. Bulgaria operates a currency board with the euro, while Kosovo and Montenegro have unilaterally adopted it without even being members of the EU."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/9959819/Even-now-after-all-thats-happened-to-Cyprus-theyre-queuing-up-to-join-the-euro.html

I don't know what your problem is. You were wrong by miles, just accept it and move on.

"Despite an ongoing financial maelstrom, the euro hasn’t yet lost a single member, and indeed is continuing to add them. Estonia joined last year, Latvia enters next year and Romania the year after. Meanwhile Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City have concluded agreements allowing them to use it as their official currency. Similar arrangements come into force for Andorra soon. Bulgaria operates a currency board with the euro, while Kosovo and Montenegro have unilaterally adopted it without even being members of the EU."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/9959819/Even-now-after-all-thats-happened-to-Cyprus-theyre-queuing-up-to-join-the-euro.html

You'll notice I acknowledged that with xbl. Being wrong is one thing, but I take exception to being called a liar though, wouldn't you? Even if it is by a troll like VT.

I don't care what pinhead you claim to be discussing: the operation of representative democracy applies to them all. So you were lying, and are still lying.

You'll notice I acknowledged that with xbl. Being wrong is one thing, but I take exception to being called a liar though, wouldn't you? Even if it is by a troll like VT.

Stop lying in your pathological rage against the world and you won't be called a liar. Straightforward stuff.

I don't care what pinhead you claim to be discussing: the operation of representative democracy applies to them all. So you were lying, and are still lying.

Citizen - I want to be part of the European Union.

Government - Good. Here's your new money.

Citizen - Errrr....

Angels on the head of a pin right enough. :1eye

Archived