Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as SNP-loyalists have their status quo preservatism called, what do they do? Feign boredom. Deflect deflect deflect. Straight out of Alex Salmond's book of FMQs.

I can categorically assure you that no-one feigns boredom after reading one of your long posts.

I appreciate that you were not born during the exciting era when Communism disintegrated into tiny little bits because it was fucking shite. And that you have been "educated" by a series of Marxist c***s who bent history to promote their agenda and to win impressionable little cretinsminds from damp tower blocks in Greenock. But some of us were alive during that time, and actually understood what was happening. You weren't, and don't.

So scuttle off back under your Marxist stone and leave folk that actually know what they are talking about to get on with these things. You can sit there and seethe about working class stuff and owning the means to production and whatever other 19th century things you imagine to be relevant today.

Leaving all that shed-based deflection to one side, and getting back to the question: are you seriously comparing the currency union between countries emerging from communism and that between two very rich, comparatively well-balanced capitalist economies? On what basis?

After last night English local election, I'd day the UK have no chance of voting to stay in Europe

Can't wait to see the better together try to spin last night results as a positive for Scotland remaining within the union

Tory government with UKIP as opposition. It may just happen

After last night English local election, I'd day the UK have no chance of voting to stay in Europe

Can't wait to see the better together try to spin last night results as a positive for Scotland remaining within the union

Tory government with UKIP as opposition. It may just happen

Thats the dream scenario.

Theres no doubt that the tide has definitely turned in our country as far as Europe and the current set up of the EU is concerned.

The only problem with your scenario is that Labour are going to win the general election and not the Tories, so regardless of what the Tories or UKIP offer, it wont matter as neither of them will be in a position to do anything about it.

And Scotland is still 50/50 regarding Europe too. Its about 70-30 against independence though. 8)

Leaving all that shed-based deflection to one side, and getting back to the question: are you seriously comparing the currency union between countries emerging from communism and that between two very rich, comparatively well-balanced capitalist economies? On what basis?

Shed based deflection?

Is that the same as damp, unemployed, single parented, morbidly unhealthy, tower block posturing? With an added dash of rampant narcissism because you were the first in your family not to leave school at 14?

Just as many death threats to our side as well.....

Were you out with the spray paint putting traitors on the wall of a newspaper building? :1eye

If it had been quislings, then we know who to point and laugh at on here. 8)

At Westminster? :lol:

A breakthrough at the Euro elections next year might give people enough incentive to make UKIP more than a protest vote, and actually vote for them in the GE. At ehich point they will likely take away a lot of Labour momentum. The LDs are finished and it could well be that UKIP make huge dents in the marginals. IMHO they are more likely to hurt labour than the Tories.

How so?

I'm sorry, but the prosect of a tory government faced by a UKIP oppostion in 2015 is clearly ludicrous.

Sorry, I should have been more exact, not a UKIP opposition, but a Labour one. My point is that UKIP tends to do very well amongst 'traditional' Labour supporters who feel that globalisation and free markets have done them nothing but harm. For all that UKIP have a set of small state free enterprise policies, they are also protectionist in that they want us out of Europe and with no freedom of movement. That plays very well in Labour strongholds, so that while UKIP is as likely to split Labour votes as it is Tory ones.

Sorry, I should have been more exact, not a UKIP opposition, but a Labour one. My point is that UKIP tends to do very well amongst 'traditional' Labour supporters who feel that globalisation and free markets have done them nothing but harm. For all that UKIP have a set of small state free enterprise policies, they are also protectionist in that they want us out of Europe and with no freedom of movement. That plays very well in Labour strongholds, so that while UKIP is as likely to split Labour votes as it is Tory ones.

I think that's a fair enough point, especially in taht they'll capitalise on the "anti-poltics" voter who perhaps previously would have voted Labour, I;m not convinced it;s more likely though, I think a strong Ukip showing in 2015 could be enough to get Ed Miliband in by default, if the vote splits the right way for him.

Archived