Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Union is clearly not broken and the majority know what a nasty organisation the SNP really are.

Ugly bitter Scottish nationalists will not fool the Scottish people.

gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-27

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another of Rennie's riddles and it's delightful.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/drumlanrig-lib-dems-urged-come-north-to-help-snp-1-2881395

Willie Rennie made an impassioned plea for party members to get north to help win the forthcoming Highland Council by-election in Caithness Landward Ward. His plea at the recent Lib Dem conference in Dundee did not quite have the desired effect.

Lord Thurso MP’s Westminster office had identified one Hanna Miedema as their candidate, “a young and intelligent female who will work closely with our MP John Thurso”. What a surprise then when she emerged as the SNP hopeful. Party members can now relax – because now that nominations are closed, there is no Lib Dem candidate.

:thumsup2

Just when you think the Hootsman can't go any lower.....

attachicon.gifSpeechless.png

Just read the article - overall it was actually an interesting and well-written piece of journalism. However, the choice of the front page is just baffling. It would be different if the image was symbolic of historic nationalism, but the fact that it's quite obviously symbolic of the modern rise of Scottish nationalism makes it extremely controversial. I think it's very important for people to know about the dark history of both Scottish nationalism and British nationalism, but tarring modern Scottish nationalists with the same brush as fascists of the early 20th century is just poor journalism.

So many blinkered republican promises that cannot be kept.

If the Scottish people are conned,then the negotiations for all the SNP promises begin and the simple truth is Scotland will not be in a strong enough position to negotiate Jack shit from the English or Europe.

I mean going it alone,means just that.

Understand what it actually means,do not believe Salmond.

Iceland,Cyprus etc...

So many Brits from the north,south,east and west are so happy and excited for Kate and Will,expectant parents.

I wonder if a traditional Scottish name could be in the running,probably not Alex though.

The actual article is really interesting, right up to the final 2 paragraphs, but I can't believe they used that image...

I dunno, the bit where they link the SNP to the BNP is just crass.

name them please

Whatever currency you bullshitters push onto the Scottish people,you hav'nt a clue how it will work out.

The £,the Euro or the scrotum.

You want 90% of the UK oil but only 8% on the national debt!

:thumsup2

There are hints of strong right wing views within all nationalist groups.

There's a certain unpleasant smell emanating from the SNP.

Ugly and a worry to all peoples.

Well yeah, but the actual article seems to state that fascism did not find much of a home in Scotland, as it was incompatible with our existing bigotry. And then its like the last 2 paragraphs were written by someone else, desperately trying to link to the SNP somehow.

The Scotsman are hiding behind the article for cheap political points. Warping the Scottish flag into a symbol of hate is a disgrace though, as is the inferred link to the SNP.

Many SNP members hate English people,it's clear.Their political views are to a large extent based on hatred.

Archived