Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quote from my Welsh/English uncle at the dinner table unprompted about watching Reporting Scotland:

"The one thing I noticed is that at least one big story is about something anti-independence. And it's not subtle."

If even a London lawyer is getting that impression, it makes you wonder.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how they all got those little union jacks. Wonder how many trips like this we shall see in the next 18 months (ignoring the fact that despite what I may wish Independence means we still get to have King Wills and Queen Kate in a few years time)

Alastair Darling's letter says a currency union would require "the agreement of both new states."

Both new states?

BOTH NEW STATES?!

Does Ally know something we don't, or is he also referring to the new state of Orkney, Shetland, and the Western Isles?

No doubt he's just failing to use the correct amount of Ad Libbian precision in his language, but still, quite funny.

We have English politicians telling us we need to keep them (up here in Scotchlandshire), partly because of the growing tensions in places like North Korea, but at the same time we have military experts etc saying a nuclear attack will never happen (which is correct).

You couldn't make it up really. :lol:

A nuclear attack will never happen because of nuclear weapons. It's a bit of a paradox, but it's the only defence of Trident, other than employment. These politicians have no other way to support their belief in Trident. I can guarantee you that SNP politicians who support the existence of nuclear weapons will use precisely the same argument. I'd presume also they'd be more inclined to the employment line than the nuclear deterrent one.

Alastair Darling's letter says a currency union would require "the agreement of both new states."

Both new states?

BOTH NEW STATES?!

Does Ally know something we don't, or is he also referring to the new state of Orkney, Shetland, and the Western Isles?

No doubt he's just failing to use the correct amount of Ad Libbian precision in his language, but still, quite funny.

Actually, at risk of reigniting the flames, he's using it exactly as Ad Lib - and others - are using it.

Both new states?

BOTH NEW STATES?!

BOTH new states? Bbbbbut Ad Lib and HB assured us that the CDU will continue on untouched and undisturbed?

watching camaroon live atm on beeb in Govan.

never realised so many people in Govan wear shirt and tie to work.

i suppose those that don't, have work to do

http://www.flickr.com/photos/number10gov/7008868705/in/set-72157629670831257/lightbox/ From an earlier visit Ooop North, these lads are all delighted to have a wee break from work.

So...today is the turn of the "you'd be nothing without us" argument. How would we survive in the big bad world without our London Masters protecting us with their nukes? Which we pay for. And provide storage for.

You hosted and were 50% of the first ever football international,but,only cause we showed you how to play the game.

Archived