Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Shetland were a people they'd include Orkney and probably Caithness since Shetland was never a stand alone nation and shares a common identity with those places. You could even argue the Western Isles should be part of that too. It was also always a part other larger countries. Tavish could be the new Lord of the Isles!

EDIT: It means nothing, though, since there's no will for that there.

There's an arguable case for saying that Orkney and Shetland are contiguous as a Northern Islander nation, but Caithness is probably more disputed. They meet the criteria though. Yorkshire is probably too indeterminate a group to meet the nation criteria under international law, but it doesn't make them any less a politically contiguous group.

Have you considered making a contribution to Wings Over Scotland? I am sure you could put the consitutional and electoral argument into laymans terms and it would fuel the debate to have 50,000+ across the nation state country boring the unionists into submission making a reasoned argument why we should vote yes next year.

The guy who writes that makes xbl look like an unassuming moderate trying really hard to be neutral. I can't abide him.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmm. Isn't that because theydo an Italy and flip flop between sides as each looks more likely to win, meaning they can always say "I told you so"?

Could be, but either way if you don't have their support it doesn't look good.

The guy who writes that makes xbl look like an unassuming moderate trying really hard to be neutral. I can't abide him.

I believe he has conned some Natmugs into paying him a salary for the privilege too :lol:

A friend (once a Labour activist and SNP hater, now undecided on independence) has written a brief article on Better Together. I know there are multiple blogs every day by this point, but I'll leave it here for your consideration. http://hard-copy.co.uk/better-together/

The more the merrier! You've now seen what happens when we go too long without new content...

Yup. He managed to 'crowdsource' (beg) £33k in order to do something he, er, would certainly have continued to do regardless of whether he was paid or not. The mind boggles.

FWIW I think he's no worse than his Labour/Tory equivalents in the blogosphere like Guido Fawkes etc, but I suppose that's damning with faint praise. He has a massively inflated opinion of himself as well. Fair play to him for getting some people to pay him to be a cybernat though like, I wish I'd thought of it first.

Drifting on to another topic, that Kickstarter scheme seems like a bit of a scam to me.

Not sure who I dislike more, Murdoch or Salmond!

The sun never sets on the British Empire.

Which is more than can be said for the Scottish republicans propaganda campaign..... :thumsup2

Still plugging away? Admirable. ^_^

Not sure who I dislike more, Murdoch or Salmond!

The sun never sets on the British Empire.

Which is more than can be said for the Scottish republicans propaganda campaign..... :thumsup2

Really? I though we had the Commonwealth now, so is Lizzie an Empress?

What countries are still in the Commonwealth now? Without using a search engine!

What countries are still in the Commonwealth now? Without using a search engine!

Scotland? Does that qualify? I mean its a nation, but can it be in the Commonwealth if it isn't a state?

I've not checked,so for better or worse by memory.....

I think there are 16 countries who are fully paid up members of the Commonwealth and about the same number who are independent nations but remain monarchists as it were. :unsure2:

Edit.Apparently there are 54 independent sovereign states.I'll leave it to others to decide exactly what an "independent sovereign state" actually means. ;)

Mainly family who live up that way. Also, there's no independence party for any of these places as far as I'm aware. Not even a joke one. The only ones who ever talk about this is unionists who want to instill a bit of fear.

With such a small population it wouldn't be too hard to cynically 'influence' things a bit if such a state was ever to come to pass.

Or they can be a maritime enclave if they want.

Up that way? Caithness? Not quite Shetland and I'd be careful about the too wee argument, they could if they wanted to. Plenty of islands do.

There's an arguable case for saying that Orkney and Shetland are contiguous as a Northern Islander nation, but Caithness is probably more disputed. They meet the criteria though. Yorkshire is probably too indeterminate a group to meet the nation criteria under international law, but it doesn't make them any less a politically contiguous group.

You would have a wider audience though and there are a lot more neutrals read it than you'll find on here. Go on, go on, go on.

News-Channel-4-Shameless-Mrs-Doyle-from-

I believe he has conned some Natmugs into paying him a salary for the privilege too :lol:

Much cheaper than a newspaper. There are many more behind the scenes too and hosting his site will be costing him too. 50000+ readers and growing.

I'm assuming most folk have him on ignore.

You'd think but some choose to quote him.

You would have a wider audience though and there are a lot more neutrals read it than you'll find on here. Go on, go on, go on.

Eh. Nah.

There are many more behind the scenes too and hosting his site will be costing him too. 50000+ readers and growing.

Och pish. It's an accomplished Wordpress effort. Hosting, domains, etc, is buttons. I have a .co.uk for something like £2 a year.

Eh. Nah.

Och pish. It's an accomplished Wordpress effort. Hosting, domains, etc, is buttons. I have a .co.uk for something like £2 a year.

How much traffic? Bandwidth? Pish indeed.

Stick your LibDem lies where the sun don't shine, oh wait that can't be anywhere in the British Empire!

http://www.scribd.com/embeds/105942116/content?start_page=1&view_mode=scroll&access_key=key-1cskmzogafkuep9nz2ey

IF the SUN 'Newspaper' isn't supporting independence it will be a blow. Idiots are swayed by media bias.

Murdoch was never going to anyway, he's as part of the establishment as any old Etonian in the cabinet. That's fine with me, it's going to be won with boots on the ground, remember Fox cheer leads republican every time.

Archived