Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At risk of opening a can of worms if it was due to personal abuse or something along those lines, what happened to the other one?

There were many excellent posts on the other thread. I didn't contribute all that much to it, but it was a fascinating debate and for me it became compulsive reading. I'll be pretty annoyed if that thread's been lost forever.

Are there no mods or admin people out there that can provide some kind of an explanation for its disappearance ,or maybe even restore it?

There were many excellent posts on the other thread. I didn't contribute all that much to it, but it was a fascinating debate and for me it became compulsive reading. I'll be pretty annoyed if that thread's been lost forever.

Are there no mods or admin people out there that can provide some kind of an explanation for its disappearance ,or maybe even restore it?

this, enjoyed reading it although I didn't post on it

Before the thread gets bogged down in the usual technical nonsense, I'd be interested to hear from people who have changed their decision one way or the other!

And that is the crux of the debate/matter. I know polls fluctuate and there is a margin for error. But a lot of people need to be persuaded to change, or make up their minds if yes is to win. It certainly looks from the Times poll that the younger amongst us are positive, that i guess is maybe to be expected. How about the hard nosed of us who have been around and seen a lot? Will a negative campaign from Alastair and his friends swing votes to the yes camp?

I am firmly in the yes camp and so is all my family and many of my friends. So what will be the issues that will alter peoples minds? Is it Business leaders coming out and saying yes/no? Difficult because so many have differing views. God forbid it comes down to Celebs.

I think the Scottish Government needs to keep a focus and keep up the good work. Tomorrow will Anwar give a speech on Scotland and poverty and he will claim that Universal benefits need to go to fight poverty. Makes you wonder what Labour has been doing for the last 50 years. The SNP has to make the case for a positive Scotland where opportunity is there for all, but there is a strong social policy. Labour (London) and the Tories still do not get it in my opinion. Thatcher lectured us that there was no such thing as society and Labour ditched every principle it ever had. Miliband is now desperately jumping on any passing bandwagon he can find, but Scotland is an afterthought, even though we, as a nation still return more than our fair share of MP,s. Scottish Labour have nothing to offer and the SNP need to take the gloves off and go for them if we are to gain our Independance .

Devo max - yes.Independence - No

I'm afraid that isn't an option. The Unionists have made it clear. Independence, or whatever their jam tomorrow is (and it will NOT be devo max).

Regarding those who read the last thread, but didn't post, why not? Was it too dull?

Div, is there any prospect of the 'vanished' threads re-appearing? I am thinking in partic. of the independence thread in the Gen Nonsense forum.

Afraid not. The server crashed unexpectedly due to a hard disk failure. There are two data disks that are mirrored so it recovered from this failure but the database was corrupt when it came back online and I had to run a repair job on it. Some threads look like they were taken out unfortunately, no way of recovering only those threads and re-inserting them into the live database.

At risk of opening a can of worms if it was due to personal abuse or something along those lines, what happened to the other one?

There'll be more than a couple of forum Unionists toasting the hard disk gods tonight - several months' worth of fail has now been stricken from the record.

Made it a single option. I'm afraid I'm not sure how to show who voted in what way, but given that it will be a secret ballot in any case, is that such an issue? Might encourage people to vote the way they actually intend to.

Archived