Known Bugs and Issues

Div

Question

The following is the current list of known bugs and issues with the site that I have collated from the comments I have seen post the upgrade.

These are divided into sections, Desktop, Tablet, Mobile and App. Feel free to contribute to the topic with issues I have missed but always refer to this opening post for the details of known issues and/or fixes.

Please consult this list before reporting an issue and report any new problems into us my emailing support@pieandbovril.com

1. Desktop Issues

1.1 Flicker between pages as team theme is applied. The default colour scheme applies for a few seconds before the users team theme displays.

1.2 Quotes can disappear if the user tried to edit a quote they have pulled into their post

1.3 Users are signed in "anonymously" by default on the board

2. Tablet Issues (iPad, Android, Kindle - when not using our app)

2.1 There is no emoticon or post formatting capability when using the desktop theme on an iPad

3. Mobile Issues (when not using our app)

3.1 YouTube size is too big for mobile platform (reported on Android)

3.2 Users cannot easily skip to specific page numbers from inside a topic on the mobile skin

3.3 If user clicks the back button the black "loading" image stays on screen

3.4 Mobile theme does not show the time of a post, only the date

3.5 YouTube clips are not displayed Fixed 13th Feb @ 2155

4. App issues (iOS and Android)

4.1 Quoted users name is not displayed on the displayed quote when on the App Fixed 13th Feb @ 2330

4.2 YouTube clips are not displayed Fixed 24th Feb

4.3 New lines are being ignored on posts so all text appears in one long line. Line breaks are added if the post is edited Fixed 14th Feb @ 1540

4.4 Some emoticons are not displayed in posts, instead the HTML code markup is shown

4.5 Following the fix we applied to 4.1 users are now only seeing one topic posted under the "Participated" tab in latest content Fixed 14th Feb @ 1540

4.6 When a user quotes another user on the app the quote is not displayed properly in the resulting post, even though it appears ok in the desktop forum. Fixed 24th Feb

4.7 Some users are reporting line break code "<br>" appearing when they are using the App

• Answers 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seemed the most relevant thread for my query/issue. 

After editing a separate section of my profile, my Euro 2016 team is now displaying as Albania. I might be missing something ludicrously obvious, but would anybody be able to advise how/if I can revert back to not having a Euro 2016 team? The only option seemingly open to me at the moment is that I switch to another team. 

Since updating to Windaes 10, I can no longer post smilies or copy links into P & B threads - the f**k is that about?

Nothing to do with Windows 10 anyway my friend. What browser are you using after upgrading?

Reminds me of The Honest Page, hopefully it's not one of the trolls that starts their own to put P&B out of it's misery.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place, but I will ask nevertheless.  In the old forum you used to be able to click on the number of posts and see the breakdown of who posted and how often.  Is this feature still there or is it gone?  As nothing happens when you click on the number of replies.

Is there a way to stop URLs being turned into links automatically when composing posts? A mild annoyance, and easily worked around by using the 'Link' button, but I'm a creature of habit  :D

Ok, that will be fixed when I get the iOS update out.

Meanwhile I'm going to close this topic as most of the stuff it refers to is now out of date.

We'll tackle one issue per one topic in this section going forward I think, easier to track that way.

Every day from 4ish to 5ish my app stops working- just the past week or so.

Are you on Android? Every so often this past week I've randomly not been able to open the app and when I've tried it's closed itself most instantly. Never had any bother before.

My notifications aren't coming up in the notifications section on the mobile app, and I only sometimes get a notifications on my phone when someone quotes me?any way this can be fixed?cheers

iOS or Android mate?

Archived