Sign in to follow this  
Div

Known Bugs and Issues

Question

The following is the current list of known bugs and issues with the site that I have collated from the comments I have seen post the upgrade.

These are divided into sections, Desktop, Tablet, Mobile and App. Feel free to contribute to the topic with issues I have missed but always refer to this opening post for the details of known issues and/or fixes.

Please consult this list before reporting an issue and report any new problems into us my emailing [email protected]

1. Desktop Issues

1.1 Flicker between pages as team theme is applied. The default colour scheme applies for a few seconds before the users team theme displays.

1.2 Quotes can disappear if the user tried to edit a quote they have pulled into their post

1.3 Users are signed in "anonymously" by default on the board

2. Tablet Issues (iPad, Android, Kindle - when not using our app)

2.1 There is no emoticon or post formatting capability when using the desktop theme on an iPad

3. Mobile Issues (when not using our app)

3.1 YouTube size is too big for mobile platform (reported on Android)

3.2 Users cannot easily skip to specific page numbers from inside a topic on the mobile skin

3.3 If user clicks the back button the black "loading" image stays on screen

3.4 Mobile theme does not show the time of a post, only the date

3.5 YouTube clips are not displayed Fixed 13th Feb @ 2155

4. App issues (iOS and Android)

4.1 Quoted users name is not displayed on the displayed quote when on the App Fixed 13th Feb @ 2330

4.2 YouTube clips are not displayed Fixed 24th Feb

4.3 New lines are being ignored on posts so all text appears in one long line. Line breaks are added if the post is edited Fixed 14th Feb @ 1540

4.4 Some emoticons are not displayed in posts, instead the HTML code markup is shown

4.5 Following the fix we applied to 4.1 users are now only seeing one topic posted under the "Participated" tab in latest content Fixed 14th Feb @ 1540

4.6 When a user quotes another user on the app the quote is not displayed properly in the resulting post, even though it appears ok in the desktop forum. Fixed 24th Feb

4.7 Some users are reporting line break code "<br>" appearing when they are using the App

Edited by Div
Updated fixes and problems

353 answers to this question

On the app it takes ages to load and then gives a blank page. Apparently I had read the whole of p'n'b as there was no more unread posts.

Youtube videos that have been embedded aren't playing for me. I can see the title, and I can click play but I am just faced with a black, empty screen.

On my kindle, the top two comments of every thread are just blank. Will check on my phone if it's the same.

I can't get P&B on my phone for some reason. At least on the kindle I can edit though.

Edited by Smurph

How do you create a thread on the app? This is the wrong place for my enquiry but I can't exactly start a thread about it...

Press the button at the top right (one with a box and a right-hand arrow), then the screen that comes up has the following option

Refresh

Subscribe

Mark as Read

Open in Safari

Should be fixed now, had some corrupt posts in it ;-)

Whenever I quote someone it gives the usual: 'Ludo wrote...' but then inside the quote it repeats the message again.

When using the dark theme you can't see the posters name as that is displayed in dark blue. Not a great pain just a bit annoying.

When using the dark theme you can't see the posters name as that is displayed in dark blue. Not a great pain just a bit annoying.

That's an old complaint that was brought up when the revamp was launched. I'm disappointed that it's not been resolved yet.

It's weird because it (names on dark theme) works fine on my kindle but not my phone.

That's an old complaint that was brought up when the revamp was launched. I'm disappointed that it's not been resolved yet.

It's weird because it (names on dark theme) works fine on my kindle but not my phone.

Happens on the S3 S4 and Samsung tablet.

Might not be too high on their list, works OK and let's face it you can usually tell who posted what as so many post the same innane drivel on each thread. :lol:

Must be an android related bug then as us affects my Galaxy S2 as well.

Swarley, on 17 Oct 2013 - 21:00, said:

Must be an android related bug then as us affects my Galaxy S2 as well.

Still getting the quotation problem. All I'm doing is hitting the 'quote' button and I'm getting the, 'Swarley, on 17 Oct 2013...' as the quote heading and also inside the quote. Any ideas?

If anybody is having trouble editing posts on the Android app I'd suggest uninstalling then reinstalling, resolved the issue for me and Jagfox said the same in the dundeebarry book thread.

Every few days the forum goes very slow then disappears altogether for at least a couple of hours. Different messages appear about lack of access. It happened again this afternoon. There is no problem with any other site I'm on at the same time this happens so it's obviously an issue with P&B.

I notice there are no other posts about this. Doesn't this happen to anyone else?

Yeah, it's happening to me too. Div posted saying it's moving to a new server or something so I'd just assume it's teething issues.