Known Bugs and Issues

Div

Question

The following is the current list of known bugs and issues with the site that I have collated from the comments I have seen post the upgrade.

These are divided into sections, Desktop, Tablet, Mobile and App. Feel free to contribute to the topic with issues I have missed but always refer to this opening post for the details of known issues and/or fixes.

Please consult this list before reporting an issue and report any new problems into us my emailing support@pieandbovril.com

1. Desktop Issues

1.1 Flicker between pages as team theme is applied. The default colour scheme applies for a few seconds before the users team theme displays.

1.2 Quotes can disappear if the user tried to edit a quote they have pulled into their post

1.3 Users are signed in "anonymously" by default on the board

2. Tablet Issues (iPad, Android, Kindle - when not using our app)

2.1 There is no emoticon or post formatting capability when using the desktop theme on an iPad

3. Mobile Issues (when not using our app)

3.1 YouTube size is too big for mobile platform (reported on Android)

3.2 Users cannot easily skip to specific page numbers from inside a topic on the mobile skin

3.3 If user clicks the back button the black "loading" image stays on screen

3.4 Mobile theme does not show the time of a post, only the date

3.5 YouTube clips are not displayed Fixed 13th Feb @ 2155

4. App issues (iOS and Android)

4.1 Quoted users name is not displayed on the displayed quote when on the App Fixed 13th Feb @ 2330

4.2 YouTube clips are not displayed Fixed 24th Feb

4.3 New lines are being ignored on posts so all text appears in one long line. Line breaks are added if the post is edited Fixed 14th Feb @ 1540

4.4 Some emoticons are not displayed in posts, instead the HTML code markup is shown

4.5 Following the fix we applied to 4.1 users are now only seeing one topic posted under the "Participated" tab in latest content Fixed 14th Feb @ 1540

4.6 When a user quotes another user on the app the quote is not displayed properly in the resulting post, even though it appears ok in the desktop forum. Fixed 24th Feb

4.7 Some users are reporting line break code "<br>" appearing when they are using the App

• Answers 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The desktop version keeps logging me out whenever I close the browser (Firefox). The "remember me" option is definitely ticked and I've ensured that pieandbovril has been "allowed" in the cookie exceptions. Nothing seems to work. Anyone any ideas?

The desktop version keeps logging me out whenever I close the browser (Firefox). The "remember me" option is definitely ticked and I've ensured that pieandbovril has been "allowed" in the cookie exceptions. Nothing seems to work. Anyone any ideas?

Delete your cookies and temporary internet files. It's the new "have you tried switching off and on again?", and works for most things.

Delete your cookies and temporary internet files. It's the new "have you tried switching off and on again?", and works for most things.

I had deleted cookies but I'll try the temp files tonight thanks

Doesn't Barbie smell of fish anyway?

Well she does have a cracking tattoo of a sea shell on her inner thigh that's so realistic you can put your ear to it and smell the sea

Still getting problems intermittently with this, tping this no problem, ah tere wasone, being vey caeul typing but this is what happens. No problems on other forums that I use.

Are you sober when you post on here? The fact that no one else has brought this up as an issue would suggest its something limited to you but since it doesn't happen on other forums is a puzzler. Are you using a laptop/pc, phone, tablet?

Just downloaded the latest android app and noticed that if a thread is e.g. 7 pages long and I reply to a post on page 6 then I'll see my post at the bottom Kof page 6. Previously I would have seen it refresh and automatically jump to the bottom of page 7 (where the post also appears).

Additionally, maybe a PTTGOYN, if you edit a post which has a quote in it then the blank 'separator line' is removed. I.e. it appears like:

Straight onto text

Whereas this used to be the first line of text.

Archived