NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

8 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Pickens seems to be looking very good for the Steelers in training camp.

Did hope the Bears might draft him, but think there were questions about his maturity.

Steelers look after their QB's so I think he'll be absolutely fine.

Too early for predictions? I know there's a month until regular season starts, but rosters are pretty much set so I think you can make a fair guess at what's what.

I'm keen to see what ST co-ords do about Araiza. I think that pretty quickly it'll become the norm to rush him on every attempt, because if you let him walk into his punts he'll boom it every time, but I still think he might have a bit of trouble adjusting to having to get it off much more quickly and kick it much higher than he's used to in college.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well the World Champion Rams 3rd stringers and stiffs look every bit as amateurish and clownshoes as the Chargers' 3rds, so I don't know whether to be encouraged by that or what 🤷🏿‍♂️

Like football, I'd completely ignore results when it comes to pre-season. The focus has to be on the players and who is likely to step up from the 2nd/3rd string when injuries start to kick in.

9 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Like football, I'd completely ignore results when it comes to pre-season. The focus has to be on the players and who is likely to step up from the 2nd/3rd string when injuries start to kick in.

Yeah, I don't pay any attention to scores, but you don't even get a read on players anymore with the cut down preseason either because nobody plays their starters, the 2nds play one drive at most, and then it's just the guys who are going to be out of the NFL come September shitting it up for everyone equally. 

I didn't see a single player on either side tonight, bar the back-up QB's, who looked anything remotely like a starting calibre NFL player, and given that backups are universally awful in the modern NFL, I'm not sure what anyone is meant to take from pre-season games other than every team being paper thin and fucked if they get a serious injury or two.

At least it's kinda interesting watching two squads of no-hopers stinking the place out. At least it's an even competition.

The NFL don't even bother putting the stats on the app for the pre-season games.

Watched a bit of the Raiders v Vikings pre-season game live on Sky on Sunday there. The broadcast feed was from the Vikings own in-house coverage, with Vikings commentators. Absolutely brilliant. When Clete Blakeman gave a penalty against the Vikings, the commentators went ‘Oh stop it!’.

Completely unbiased. 🙃