NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

7 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The Giants become the first team to have 2 Scottish born players on their roster at the same time. They’ve signed up Jamie Gillan, with Graham Gano already there. 

More Scots in their team than Celtic. 😀

Two games at Spurs, the Jags at Wembley, and one game in Germany - they deserve a game, big supporters of the NFL. After being wowed by my first visit to Spurs new place, hoping to get back to one of the games there. Maybe this will be the year the Packers make it 32 teams having played in London? No offence to the Jags, but I’ve been to a lot of their games in London, and would rather pick another game than theirs. The highlight of their appearance will, once more, likely be Jaxson DeVille leaping from the Wembley roof…. ‘and Anger will punt’. 😜

Two games at Spurs, the Jags at Wembley, and one game in Germany - they deserve a game, big supporters of the NFL. After being wowed by my first visit to Spurs new place, hoping to get back to one of the games there. Maybe this will be the year the Packers make it 32 teams having played in London? No offence to the Jags, but I’ve been to a lot of their games in London, and would rather pick another game than theirs. The highlight of their appearance will, once more, likely be Jaxson DeVille leaping from the Wembley roof…. ‘and Anger will punt’. [emoji12]
Only need Packers to complete the NFC North. Still haven't actually seen the Jagwars

Hall of Fame class announced

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-pro-football-hall-of-fame-class-tony-boselli-becomes-first-jaguar-to-earn-gold-jacket/

Nice that Boselli is finally in. Bit Sully that the greatest returner of all time isn't, but Hester will get there I'm sure.

Oh and Rodgers MVP, perhaps a tad fortunate this year to win it.

19 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Barstool Sports reporting that Spurs want to host the Superbowl in 2026, and that the NFL are at least open to giving it consideration.

Would have to be as late a kick off as possible to please west coast audiences 

6 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Hall of Fame class announced

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-pro-football-hall-of-fame-class-tony-boselli-becomes-first-jaguar-to-earn-gold-jacket/

Nice that Boselli is finally in. Bit Sully that the greatest returner of all time isn't, but Hester will get there I'm sure.

Oh and Rodgers MVP, perhaps a tad fortunate this year to win it.

No DeMarcus Ware? WTF

23 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Players like Seymour and I believe Bryant Young, we're never seen as one of the very best players in their position, but get in.

How can the greatest Returner ever not be elected?

I think it's a question of should you be electing pure ST'ers to the HoF, because it then opens up the debate about whether the likes of Bill Bates and Steve Tasker should be in there, fantastic ST'ers who were mediocre position players. I'm not saying ST'ers should not be given consideration, but I think it's a genuine question over whether guys who perhaps really only excelled at one or two specific plays but couldn't get on the field on O or D should be elected, but then, you already have kickers and punters in the HoF. If you are gonna elect ST'ers, should David Binn be in the HoF? He played for twenty years and was the very best at his role after all.

Sensible class this year going by recent selections, though personally I'm against guys like Boselli who only played a handful of seasons being elected. Same for Terrell Davis, Gale Sayers etc, though in Davis case I don't think he merits it on ability anyway. That Denver scheme was pure plug-n-play and made a whole boatload of mediocre backs into top 5 yardage rushers.