NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Hopefully gets sorted and the new owners are better than, let’s say, the ones at Watford FC or the Washington Commandos. I’ve been lucky enough to visit Denver three times, do the stadium tour twice, and go to a game at Mile High. It’s a proper football city. A bit like Newcastle ‘one town one team’. The stadium is my second-favourite I’ve ever been in (the new Spurs place is the best, just tremendous), and the stadium is walkable from the ‘toon centre’. None of this FedEx Field or Levis Stadium pish. Get a decent QB and the price could rise to 5 billion. [emoji41]

I was amazed at how cheap and easy it was to get from the airport to the city centre and then to the stadium (via the Cheesecake Factory) and back.

My boss is planting the seeds of getting over to Austin in September. Hopefully I can tie it in with both the bronco’s and longhorns having home games.

50 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I was amazed at how cheap and easy it was to get from the airport to the city centre and then to the stadium (via the Cheesecake Factory) and back.

My boss is planting the seeds of getting over to Austin in September. Hopefully I can tie it in with both the bronco’s and longhorns having home games.

Getting tickets for the longhorns is really  hard 

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

We walked to the game at Mile High from our hotel near the convention centre via Euclid Hall restaurant on Larimer Street for chargrilled BBQ sausage and mashed potato. Oh my days, what a meal… the manager, on hearing our accents, and learning we were over from Scotland, bought us a bottle of wine on the house. Then, we beat the Patriots in OT, we went mental in the snow, then got absolutely shit faced on 16th Street Mall before a bourbon & coke nightcap back in the hotel. One of the best days of my life. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/02/hue-jackson-suggests-he-was-paid-extra-for-losses-as-browns-head-coach/
This could all be about to get really funny/shitty really quickly. 
*popcorn GIF*
Reading up on the current situation this is really starting to hurt Miami. Obviously any chance of the Harbaugh to Miami theory has now been blown out of the water. There are now talks that McDaniel might decide that he doesn't want the hassle if offered the job (especially if picks could be lost for tampering).
Where would that leave the organisation?

I also stumbled across the Tua PEDs story on-line today randomly. I had only heard that from one smaller Dolphins You-tuber before. I wonder if that will become more mainstream news to hurt Flores credibility along with other things being leaked.

For what it's worth most Miami fans seem to believe Flores with regards the $100k and the Brady tampering allegations. I might not like Flores,, but I don't think that's outside Ross's behaviour pattern. Like most Miami fans I appreciate the bottomless pit of money he puts in, but not the way the shambles of the organisation is run.

Getting tickets for the longhorns is really  hard 

I got tickets no problem for the Oklahoma state game a couple of years ago. I didn’t even have to use my work contacts for that.

What amazed me was the amount of people at our ‘party’ on the hill that didn’t go to the game. They were just there for the atmosphere before going to a bar to watch it.

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:
21 hours ago, Antiochas III said:
Oi, by supposed professional metric we're only now the second worst run Franchise in the NFL... 

Who is the worst? Dolphins maybe?

I think the Jags take it by the last list I seen but you could probably throw Miami and maybe NY Giants now...  but...

What the actual f**k... 

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Pro Bowl is dreadful, wish they'd just do away with it

This is my first year dabbling in NFL and was expecting a semi decent spectacle. I turned it off after 5 minutes. What a load of guff, they were just sauntering around not tackling each other. What the hell is the point in it!?

Someone on Twitter (I'll try to find the actual post) suggested replacing the Pro Bowl with a one off game between the Jaguars and the Lions to decide who gets the No1 Draft pick. A Not So Super Bowl if you like.

Edit to add: https://twitter.com/TheDougRush/status/1490400052086546436?s=20&t=xs-Nndj9g8PPTil29caEUA

Edited by Swarley

This is my first year dabbling in NFL and was expecting a semi decent spectacle. I turned it off after 5 minutes. What a load of guff, they were just sauntering around not tackling each other. What the hell is the point in it!?
Completely pointless. Suspect it's mainly seen as a nice holiday to Hawaii for most of the people involved.

Players aren't going to go hell for leather and risk getting injured in a meaningless game.

Completely pointless. Suspect it's mainly seen as a nice holiday to Hawaii for most of the people involved.

Players aren't going to go hell for leather and risk getting injured in a meaningless game.
It was in Vegas this year. Hasn't been Hawaii since 2016. I think the Aloha stadium has been condemned.

It is a pointless game though.