NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

My mate once said to me, ‘you have to recognise what Brady and Belichick have achieved, but you don’t have to like it’. Pretty much sums it up for me. File under ‘Fergie era Man Utd’. Just wanted the opposition to beat them, but you knew they were good.

It just feels weird to me. I know it hasn’t actually happened overnight, but it just feels like someone flicked a switch, waited a few minutes, and when they flicked it back on again, there was no Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers, or a Manning brother around. Just need that twat in Green Bay to haul his immunised arse onto the golf course and that’ll leave ‘old man Wilson’ in Seattle as the elder statesman.

*Disclaimer. If Aaron Rodgers follows Hackett to Denver, then he’s a fcuking legend and I’ll be buying a bright orange ‘Rodgers 12’ jersey the next day. Thank you and goodnight. 😎

It seems like Adam Schefter might have just made up the story about Brady retiring. He has form for this sort of thing, I seem to recall he broke Andrew Luck's retirement before Luck had a chance to mention it and last year started rumours that Aaron Rodgers was leaving Green Bay (he didn't).

21 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

If it is true, the NFC South next year is gonna make last years NFC East look like prime 1980s NFC East...  that division is gonna be bad, bad.

This comment made me go looking for the old Channel 4 intros for the NFL and I found the one that I recognise from when I started getting into it as a kid. Mick Luckhurst and all! :)

Aaron Rodgers still has the same number of SB rings as Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco and Nick Foles, and one fewer than both Mannings and Ben Roethlisberger. He's also played in the same number of SBs as Kerry Collins and Rex Grossman.
Sum boi

Even Jim Plunkett has 2 rings ( and the only WB with 2 not to be in the HoF. Conspiracy!!!)

34 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Even Jim Plunkett has 2 rings ( and the only WB with 2 not to be in the HoF. Conspiracy!!!)

First overall pick in the draft wasn’t he? With the Patriots IIRC. Was labelled a bust before heading to Oakland 

Reports the Packers are increasingly confident of bringing back Rodgers next season.

Hoping he stays, but doesn't sign a new contract and leave for bugger all the season after.

Don't think they can afford to keep him and Adams. Will lose most of their pass rush too. They should be weaker than this year.

Supposedly likely thing is the Packers sign Rodgers to a new deal and give him a massive signing bonus, but free up some Cap space.

They could Franchise tag Adams, buy gonna struggle to pay him and Rodgers. Maybe trade Adams after the tag. Guessing he will be on about 20M if he gets tagged.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The Washington fitba’ team are supposed to be announcing their new name and branding in early February aren’t they?

Tomorrow I believe. Apparently the domain name "commanders" has been snapped up by a company that runs the websites for all the teams, or something. But then it was also leaked that it would be "admirals" so we may just need to wait and see.