NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I don't think the Chargers will let Mike Williams hit free agency. If they can't agree a deal with him in the next month I think they'll franchise him, because I don't see them going for Davante Adams due to the cost. Adams would be an obvious upgrade in terms of production, but he's also a couple of years older, likely looking for 25million per, and I think the Chargers view Williams as not having quite peaked yet, so I think they'll want to hang on to their own draftee as that's pretty much been TT's M.O. for players who have produced reasonably well and fit the personality type the Chargers want in the locker room.

In the event that they do decide to let MW walk then I would expect them to have a look at Adams, but I honestly think that's a 10% chance v's the 80% they bring back MW, the other 10% being that they decide neither is the right fit at the moment and look to the draft/Godwin/settle for Josh Palmer in the #2 role.

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

If he does, wonder if the Buccs would look at bringing in Rodgers?

Would they still have to pay Brady this year? If not, they might have the Cap space.

Depends precisely when they process Brady's retirement. If it's prior to June 2nd then they'd be on the hook for his salary in 2022, if it's after June 2nd then it mostly rolls over to 2023. Either way, they still have to count the guaranteed money remaining on his contract whether he plays or not. The Saints are still 'paying' Drew Brees a stupid amount, hence their cap trouble.

The greatest to have ever done it, and if anyone looks at it objectively then they cannot come to any other conclusion. A sad day in the history of the game. 

Not for me, his career will always be tainted by belichick’s ‘recordings’ and his own deflated balls.

Is he great, undoubtedly. Going to the bucs and winning the Super Bowl repairs some but for me he will always be behind Manning, Payton not Eli.

Awfa proud to say Matt Stafford was the QB to end Brady's career.

On a more serious note wonder what the Buccs do at QB for next season as I have zero idea if Kyle Trask is ready or not.

Edited by GNU_Linux

26 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Farewell Tom. Even though you played for the scum I have nothing but admiration for you. I’m lucky to have been to watch your career

That must have been difficult to type, I wish I had been as magnanimous when Eli left the Giants lol

In all seriousness I've been following the NFL for around 30 years and the Partiots have always been my team and Tom have been such a big reason for all the success in that time. I always felt confident when he was leading the offence. I'm not sure he can be classed at the greatest in terms of talent but regarding on field achievements he has no peer.

Some of his records might never be beaten, such as 35 play off wins (next closes is Montana with "only" 16).

20 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

That must have been difficult to type, I wish I had been as magnanimous when Eli left the Giants lol

In all seriousness I've been following the NFL for around 30 years and the Partiots have always been my team and Tom have been such a big reason for all the success in that time. I always felt confident when he was leading the offence. I'm not sure he can be classed at the greatest in terms of talent but regarding on field achievements he has no peer.

Some of his records might never be beaten, such as 35 play off wins (next closes is Montana with "only" 16).

Not hard at all. He is simply the greatest. I can’t deny that. Got a man crush on the man!