NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

3-0 for the Browns in preseason. Some good plays, a few iffy passes for Lauletta in the second half though. The interception followed by a recovery was a bizarre bit of play. 

Can’t wait for the season to start!
Dream big, baby.

22 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Is it just me or does there seem to be so much more ACL injuries in American Football compared to any other sport?

It's quite a commonplace injury, but it's not really a surprise when you see how big these guys are, how fast they are, the fact it's a game that involves a lot of sudden lateral movement, collisions, pile-ons, soft surfaces, and a known propensity for using certain substances that build muscle tissue and bulk but don't do so much to strengthen ligaments and tendons.

If you are missing your Last Chance U fix, Netflix has Titletown High on now. High school program that used to be good with a new high coach.

Watched it yesterday, I am really going to struggle going back into the office. It does for a football fix.

I will be supporting the Giants as usual and I always pick another team to follow for whatever reason takes my fancy, a shot at playoffs or SB, A standout player or just something about the city or team.

So this year its Giants and Dolphins, when does the BBC NFL show start, are they doing a preview of coming season?

Lions have released K Randy Bullock & moved Zane Gonzalez in the same position to the practice squad. Austin Seibert claimed off waivers from the Bengals in the same role.

Who gets the backup QB role between David Blough & Tim Boyle has been decided already as Boyle is out for 6-8 weeks due a thumb injury picked up against the Colts requiring surgery.

Edited by GNU_Linux

ESPN season projections & unit grading are out

Easiest Schedule

Buccs
Bills
Dolphins

Hardest Schedule

Steelers
Bears
Lions

Highest Scoring

Chiefs (477)
Buccs (469)
Packers (454)

Lowest Scoring

Texans (333)
Panthers (337)
Lions (339)

Fewest Points Allowed

Buccs (352)
Broncos (364)
Vikings (366)

Most Points Allowed

Lions (463)
Texans (453)
Raiders (431)

Overall Power Rankings

1. Buccs
2. Browns
3. Packers
4. Chiefs
5. Ravens
6. Seahawks
7. Vikings
8. Bills
9. Cowboys
10. Titans
11. Sportsball Team
12. Rams
13. Steelers
14. Cardinals
15. 49ers
16. Broncos
17. Chargers
18. Saints
19. Colts
20. Pats
21. Dolphins
22. Giants
23. Raiders
24. Bengals
25. Eagles
26. Bears
27. Falcons
28. Jags
29. Panthers
30. Jets
31. Lions
32. Texans

Edited by GNU_Linux

Think the Packers are big favourites.

Vikings look to have a strong starting lineup, buy not much depth, so depends on injuries. Expect them to be much better defensively though, then last year.

Lions seem to be in transition and dreadful defensively, as ever.

Bears seem to have a gash OLine and aging on Defence. Also thin at CB.

THe Packers should walk NFC North.  I think the Bears and Vikings are both decent teams but have weaknesses - Bears offensively and Vikings defensively.  

The Lions doing anything would be a huge surprise.  We've basically lived off Matt Stafford for many years and relied on him.  He's now gone and Goff isn't going to be as good.  In terms of offense, maybe the line is improved and in Swift there's a promising back but from the pass catching side it's only Hockensen who is really dangerous, the wide receiver group is very inexperienced.