NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

It's a crying shame that a lot of the better Bears players from that era are totally overshadowed by William Perry. Decent footballer in his own right, but all anyone seems to remember about the '85 Bears is Perry, Walter Payton, and perhaps Jim McMahon.
Dent and Singletary both got their dues, but yeah, Hilgenberg and McMichael were great players, Wilber Marshall was no slouch either.
I read Jim McMahons autobiography in the 90s (probably!). This is definitely my era!

I think Singletary got plenty of credit, at least until Urlacher came along.

So finally, after nearly four entire seasons of utterly abysmal ST's play, Chargers ST coordinator George Stewart has been... 

reassigned into an 'upstairs' role. :1eye

The proof that once you are in the door with this franchise, you can be as wholly and entirely incompetent as it is possible to be, and still they wont fire you.

Browns facility has been shut most of the week, Porter Gustin now the 5th player confirmed positive.

Going into this game missing two best players on the defence in Garrett and Ward not ideal, Vernon stepped up last week with 3 sacks of Wentz and I guess the gameplan will be use the Chunt combo to strangle the clock vs the Titans who have their own Covid problems. Huge game.

10 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

Browns facility has been shut most of the week, Porter Gustin now the 5th player confirmed positive.

Going into this game missing two best players on the defence in Garrett and Ward not ideal, Vernon stepped up last week with 3 sacks of Wentz and I guess the gameplan will be use the Chunt combo to strangle the clock vs the Titans who have their own Covid problems. Huge game.

Am I missing something here?  Your game this week is against JAX, no?

Just reading that of the 5 coaches with the shortest odds to get sacked at the start of the season, 3 of them have now gone. (O'Brien, Quinn and Patricia).

The other two still clinging on are Gase and Marrone, who have a 1-19 record between them.

Marrone will last the season but be punted on black Monday