NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

19 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Is there no game tonight? I thought they had rescheduled one for this evening but can't see anything listed on Sky?

Nope, Bills vs Chiefs got punted back to Monday and they never brought anything forward to replace it. 

Having featured consistently terrible OL play for nigh on 10 years, the Chargers managed to go peak Chargers this week just past, with 4 of the 5 starters grading on PFF worst OL performers of the week in the entire NFL

It's baffling how this has been such a persistent theme ever since the last couple of Norv Turner years. Telesco gets props for drafting picks that were total no-brainers under the circumstances, Bosa, James etc, yet totally overlooked is the fact that he's had 8 drafts and off-seasons to do something about an OL that is routinely in the bottom 2 or 3 in the entire league, and yet every single draftee has been dugshit or a perma-crock, and the FA signings have been laughably poor. 

I can't shake the feeling that in ten years time it'll be like the last 10 years of Philip Rivers all over again, and I'll be wondering to myself what on earth Justin Herbert would have been able to achieve had they ever provided him with an OL that was even close to league-average. 

Just noticed that College Football is on Sky tonight; Notre Dame v Louisville.  

Have they been doing this all season?

First I've heard of it. NCAA sports have been exclusive to BT & previously ESPN in the UK for about a decade. Guess SKY have negotiated a deal with one or a few of the US networks to give themselves more content now they have a dedicated NFL channel. Wonder if down the line they may look to secure the XFL & CFL from BT to bolster the channels content when not showing games.

2 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Just noticed that College Football is on Sky tonight; Notre Dame v Louisville.

Have they been doing this all season?

I don't know if it has been every week or not, but it certainly isn't the first. Last game I saw was on was also Notre Dame about a month ago, that might just be coincidence though, I haven't been looking for it each week.