NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

6 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

I can understand why we didn't pick Mahomes, but picking Trubisky ahead of DeShaun Watson was criminal

It was an odd pick in that Trubisky only started one year at North Carolina in university. You only have one more year of him, and he likely won't play much with Foles there.

It's odd because he has gone backwards. He didn't have to be great, he just had to be competent with our D. He didn't manage that.

As you say, this is his last season unless he finally lives up to his draft pick. I'd be quite happy with a solid but unspectacular Foles and draft some prospect next year.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Rapoport reporting that he asked to be paid the same as Coleman at $4.55m. Given his production I think that's a fair ask.

Seems fair enough really given his production at the end of last season. Surprised that McKinnon wasn't moved on to free up some salary space.  

That said I think that run of games he had last season was the longest he's had in his career whereas before he's constantly been cut by every team he's been with. Might be argued it's a bit cheeky to suddenly demand a new contract after one good half a season.

With Kittle's monster deal still to be thrashed out I can't see the Niners budging much at all on a new deal for Mostert.

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

To be announced today.

Seem to be different shit coming out.  One section of NFL media saying that they will announce the official dropping of the Redskins name but no announcement, another section saying name will be announced and a whole other saying this is the small part of more shit coming out (about the recent sackings).  

Seem to be different shit coming out.  One section of NFL media saying that they will announce the official dropping of the Redskins name but no announcement, another section saying name will be announced and a whole other saying this is the small part of more shit coming out (about the recent sackings).  

Redskins gonna Redskins.......

Behave, Redskins is clearly an offensive term for some, no matter how many people spout "but the injuns I spoke to like it" doesn't mean it's not offensive. Not everyone is offended by the N word, doesn't make it any less offensive. This is nothing but positive news, the onus is now on Kansas City to drop some of the racist shit they have on game days.