NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

More teams in the playoffs (1 from each conference) and a 17 game season look to be in the new CBA. I for one hate the idea of both. The expanded playoffs would start next season and the 17 game season in 2021
Only teams to get a bye week in the playoffs would be the top seed in each conference. It's almost as if they are trying to make it easier for the top seed to make the Superbowl. Cynical? Who me?

Been saying it for ages. Lose a pre-season game, extend the regular season to 17, make the extra game international - London, Mexico, Berlin, Tokyo, wherever, and knock the idea of a London franchise into the gutter where it belongs.

The playoffs work well enough as they are, the excitement of the extra wild card game (which will probably end up being a Friday night or something else awful) will be offset by the amount of dead rubbers in the last couple of weeks with more teams through but not in with a chance of a bye.

The 17th game seems to be an international one although I did also read that they're going to try games in cities which don't have existing NFL teams.#

edit: these would have been the teams that got in over the last 10 years if it had been a 7th seed

Edited by Fuctifano

I like the idea of the extra team, will keep the season exciting. And it means only the very best team get the bye, seems about right. 

Again, seventeen match season I can cope with if it means an extra bye week each. If it is the proposal before where teams have to rest players in two games they can f**k right off with it.

17 games is a strange number - it just feels like a stepping stone to 18 in the following CBA, at the expense of another match in pre-season (which is starting to feel like a waste of time as so few starters get significant gametime). 

Teams will have 9 home games and 8 away games depending on there conference, get both these ideas in the bin. Roger Goodell is a detestable c**t

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Teams will have 9 home games and 8 away games depending on there conference, get both these ideas in the bin. Roger Goodell is a detestable c**t

A detestable cnut who brings multiple games to London. I’ve annoyed the shit out of countless bitter Yanks by saying I like old Roger because he loves us. 😀