NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

16 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Would Da Bears be allowed to just offer 2021 trade picks as part of any potential deal, or do you have to include picks from the coming year? 

They won't need to trade for Newton. It's highly likely the Panthers cut him.

So after all the build up, Kaepernick's work out didn't happen. His "people" refused to sign the waiver from the NFL, which the league have said is the standard waiver used at the combine. They also wanted to provide their own camera crew and from what I've read the NFL were very accommodating in most of the requests.

At the last moment the venue was changed from the Falcons training complex to a venue 60 miles away.

IMG_20191116_221730.thumb.jpeg.706c8cbf2ef6a52640f95507b02421e0.jpeg

37 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

So after all the build up, Kaepernick's work out didn't happen. His "people" refused to sign the waiver from the NFL, which the league have said is the standard waiver used at the combine. They also wanted to provide their own camera crew and from what I've read the NFL were very accommodating in most of the requests.

At the last moment the venue was changed from the Falcons training complex to a venue 60 miles away.

IMG_20191116_221730.thumb.jpeg.706c8cbf2ef6a52640f95507b02421e0.jpeg

Supposedly the Jets, Chiefs and Skins watched him.

f**k him. Attention seeking arsehole who in all honesty isn’t good enough. The teams have there QBs or have there eyes on the ones they want. I appreciate that he stood up for what he believes is right but in my opinion he has taken it all too far

On 17/09/2019 at 21:39, pozbaird said:

I have maybe mentioned this before, but at one of the NFL roadshows hosted by Neil Reynolds, he said to the audience that he has got to interview many NFL players. Although he tempered his language, we were left in no doubt that he found Kaepernick to be a complete and utter arsepiece. I reckon he must have been right. He has never spoken like that about any other player, and I’ve been to a lot of the roadshows he’s hosted. He seems a very nice bloke, Kaepernick must really have been a wankjob for him to say as such in public.

Oh well, here’s what I posted way back in September. Looks like Neil Reynolds is a decent judge of character.

Was looking at the possible options for Da Bears at QB next season.

Mariota/Tannehill/Bridgewater/Foles/Newton/Fitz

Think I'd like Bridgewater or a healthy Newton out of those options.

Don't think we will be able to get one in the draft with no first round pick.
Bridgewater looked great in his stint at Saints starter, surely enough to get a starting gig somewhere