NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

3 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Not sure but I'd take him at Bills. Josh Allen just isn't quite cutting it.

Not sure if I would take him, he hasn't played since 2016 and even in that season he was 1-10 as a starter.

A postive slant would be that he looked really good the first couple of years in the league but that was a long time ago.

Not sure if I would take him, he hasn't played since 2016 and even in that season he was 1-10 as a starter.
A postive slant would be that he looked really good the first couple of years in the league but that was a long time ago.
2012 and 2013, almost ancient history in NFL terms.

In his defence he had to play under some God awful head coaches, Tomsula would have struggled to have a winning season with Montana at his peak.

20 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

He already did, they reached an undisclosed settlement in February, as did Eric Reid who was included in the same action.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/15/sports/nfl-colin-kaepernick.html

I wasn't sure if that had been settled. I'd imagine that one of the terms of the agreement was that he got this opportunity to try get back into the game.

I cant make up my mind whether Kaepernick. When he came onto the scene he looked incredible. I remember a play off game he destroyed Green Bay through the air and on the ground but ever since then he has looked a bit ropey. 

He never was the most accurate and if he has lost any of his athleticism he will be pretty average.

The other argument is tho that there are some honking QB still getting a job in NFL

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If he is happy being a back up then I think Carolina could be landing spot

On the subject of the Panthers saw this rumour that Newton is on his way out of the Panthers at the end of the season with Newton interested in going to the Bears which I can see happening if Trubisky continues to underwhelm. Who or what the Bears would offer in return I'm unsure.

https://247sports.com/Article/Cam-Newton-Carolina-Panthers-Chicago-Bears-trade-injured-reserve-Kyle-Allen-NFL-138454107/

On the subject of the Panthers saw this rumour that Newton is on his way out of the Panthers at the end of the season with Newton interested in going to the Bears which I can see happening if Trubisky continues to underwhelm. Who or what the Bears would offer in return I'm unsure.

https://247sports.com/Article/Cam-Newton-Carolina-Panthers-Chicago-Bears-trade-injured-reserve-Kyle-Allen-NFL-138454107/

The Bengals would be silly not to try get him. Dalton is away so get Cam, trade away the number 1 pick and fill the roster with more young talent. Could probably get 2-3 1st round picks out of ir

It seems very much like the last chance saloon for Kaepernick, if nobody picks him up after this then he is finished in the NFL imo. Sources are reporting that the NFL have said they had already had teams enquiring about his fitness and readiness to play, but the Dolphins so far are the only team I've seen mentioned to confirm they will send someone to watch the work out.