NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm glad - I was hoping they'd do badly there. Quite why so many teams think Los Angeles is the answer to their prayers is beyond me. It's the same in all the major US sports.

It seems such a saturated market, multiple teams in every sport. They really should have stayed in San Diego.

1 hour ago, Calvin Johnson said:

It seems such a saturated market, multiple teams in every sport. They really should have stayed in San Diego.

I'm sure I saw an article about the estimated number of fans for every sports team in LA and it put the Steelers higher than the Chargers.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I would actively root against any British team. I’d want to see them go 0-16 every year

3 hours ago, Calvin Johnson said:

Chargers seriously considering moving to London after the disastrous move to LA.

Imagine the draft, see a lot more Eli Manning scenarios.  

Would the London Chargers still be in the AFC West? FFS, hope everyone in Denver, Las Vegas and Kansas City have enrolled in United’s air miles club.... If, and it’s a big if, a London Chargers team was here as a proper British based franchise, playing at Spurs new gaff’, and were still in the AFC West with Denver, Kansas City, and the Las Vegas Raiders... as a Broncos fan, I’d be well pleased at the prospect. The smile on my face would take a lot of wiping off.

If there’s a London Chargers, and also some sort of divisional re-alignment, which doesn’t see them as direct rivals to my team, then I’d be happy enough to go down and support the new London team against whoever they’re playing.

I am not holding my breath though. I don’t think a London franchise will happen anytime soon.

There are far more cities in the states that deserve a franchise. I wish the London franchise idea would die.

This for me. As much I would be happy at seeing the broncos a few more times the whole London franchise is a disaster waiting to happen.