NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Not sure how I feel about this. Would have preferred a contract be done, he has us over a barrel now in terms of an extension much like Tunsil in Houston.

Great player so no problem with the compensation, I think more teams should give up draft picks for proven commodities. 2 probably latter half first rounders who may or may not pan out is worth a Ramsey-type talent every day of the week. 

Bit worried about the attitude but if he wants to play it's a good deal for the Rams. 

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Elway will probably trade for Mariota. Von Miller plus a first round pick in 2020, two chocolate digestives, and Thunder the horse.

How many goes can they have at getting a settled and reliable quarterback?

All overseen by a person who's been one of the best in the position. And the pundits will tell the Joes that they know nothing unless they've actually played the game.

Laughable.

6 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Not sure how I feel about this. Would have preferred a contract be done, he has us over a barrel now in terms of an extension much like Tunsil in Houston.

Great player so no problem with the compensation, I think more teams should give up draft picks for proven commodities. 2 probably latter half first rounders who may or may not pan out is worth a Ramsey-type talent every day of the week. 

Bit worried about the attitude but if he wants to play it's a good deal for the Rams. 

I get what you are saying and I think he's one of the few players who you'd say are worth that.  I mean, if you win a Superbowl then it's worth ten first round picks, if you don't you've been ripped off.  I also see that Marcus Peters has gone and Talib is injured, meaning there was a big need at corner for the Rams.

I do think that two first rounders is pretty high though.  We'll know in a season or so if it was worth it I guess.

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I get what you are saying and I think he's one of the few players who you'd say are worth that.  I mean, if you win a Superbowl then it's worth ten first round picks, if you don't you've been ripped off.  I also see that Marcus Peters has gone and Talib is injured, meaning there was a big need at corner for the Rams.

I do think that two first rounders is pretty high though.  We'll know in a season or so if it was worth it I guess.

If I was a jags fan I would have no faith whatsoever in my organisation using those two picks wisely, their draft record has been pretty horrific for pretty much their entire history. 

Not that the rams have been much better. That's why I dont mind giving them up. 

4 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

If I was a jags fan I would have no faith whatsoever in my organisation using those two picks wisely, their draft record has been pretty horrific for pretty much their entire history. 

Not that the rams have been much better. That's why I dont mind giving them up. 

The Rams now have the Jaguars first round picks from 2016 (Ramsay), 2015 (Dante Fowler) and 2014  (Blake Bortles).

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Rams now have the Jaguars first round picks from 2016 (Ramsay), 2015 (Dante Fowler) and 2014  (Blake Bortles).

Fowler is shite and I hope to god I never have to watch Bortles start for the rams. 

6 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

How many goes can they have at getting a settled and reliable quarterback?

All overseen by a person who's been one of the best in the position. And the pundits will tell the Joes that they know nothing unless they've actually played the game.

Laughable.

I could type a detailed reply, or just direct you to my signature text. 😀

Not disputing that Ramsey is a great CB, and possibly the best in the league, but that's far too steep a price for what you're getting. CB isn't a game-changing position no matter which way you look at it, and even going with the argument that he's worth it purely from a talent perspective, that doesn't include all the other aspects of this trade.

Will it improve them this season? I think so, yeah. Peters isn't very good and obviously Talib is done for the year, so that's an instant upgrade. But it's still not going to fix Jared Goff, and to me it creates a big problem down the line where a very high percentage of the cap is going to be invested in 4 players.

Edited by Nightmare

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Pocket passer? duel threat? What’s your 40 time?

Pocket... about 15 seconds. Also dodgy left knee but I do have good arm strength... Certain Allen will pick me - would probably even trade up to get me  😂

Meanwhile Browns confirm they have contacted the Redskins over LT Trent Williams who continues his hold out.  Allen though continues to be a fud and won't deal.  

Edited by Antiochas III

Pocket... about 15 seconds. Also dodgy left knee but I do have good arm strength... Certain Allen will pick me - would probably even trade up to get me  [emoji23]
Meanwhile Browns confirm they have contacted the Redskins over LT Trent Williams who continues his hold out.  Allen though continues to be a fud and won't deal.  

Congratulations. I hear the Jaguars are moving up the board to draft you! Welcome to the league rookie

On 16/10/2019 at 00:46, Mr. Brightside said:

Two firsts and a fourth for Ramsey to go to the Rams. Steep.

I am sure I have read that this trade means that the Rams currently have no first round picks for the next two (maybe three?) drafts.