Mr. Brightside

NFL General Discussion

I wonder how good Zeke and Dak will be when they run out of cap room and can't afford that o-line.

Lots of commentary (mostly from Florio and Chris Simms) that Goff isnt worth the money, but I can tell you that Rams fans everywhere are delighted. That's the market rate now, so you either pay that or go back to the QB crapshoot. Given that the last good Rams QB was found in a grocery shop all the way back in 1999, that's a game we did NOT want to play again. 

Anyway, he's the most underrated QB in the league in my opinion, especially since Luck retired. He's going to absolutely go off this season. 

19 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Lots of commentary (mostly from Florio and Chris Simms) that Goff isnt worth the money, but I can tell you that Rams fans everywhere are delighted. That's the market rate now, so you either pay that or go back to the QB crapshoot. Given that the last good Rams QB was found in a grocery shop all the way back in 1999, that's a game we did NOT want to play again. 

Anyway, he's the most underrated QB in the league in my opinion, especially since Luck retired. He's going to absolutely go off this season. 

It's like transfer fees in football. Folk are like Maguire isn't worth more than Van Dijk, forgetting that time and fees move on.

I guarantee someone, somewhere is out there saying it's madness Goff is getting more than Rodgers.

It's like transfer fees in football. Folk are like Maguire isn't worth more than Van Dijk, forgetting that time and fees move on.
I guarantee someone, somewhere is out there saying it's madness Goff is getting more than Rodgers.
"Imagine what Joe Montana would earn?"

The timing is good too, beating the cowboys deal for Dak is important, plus the new CBA could well make deals like this look like even better value. God knows what the chiefs will need to pay Mahomes.... 

26 minutes ago, Swarley said:

"Imagine what Joe Montana would earn?"

No way Goff deserves to be paid more than Manning was!

Edited by Calvin Johnson

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I wonder how good Zeke and Dak will be when they run out of cap room and can't afford that o-line.

What was the Cowboys PPG and record during Zeke's time out?  Then double it downwards.  

I question if Jerry pays both tbh...

Edited by Antiochas III

Texans seem to be going make or break this season. Are they better after that Clowney trade?
Think it makes them better this season. Quite a bit better on Offence and a bit worse on Defence.

However, will hurt them with the next few years of drafts.

Contracting a running back to 8 years is utter insanity.

Especially if Lorenzo Carter hits him low on Sunday and blows out his knee

Saw someone say that it’s a 2 year deal and then 6 one year deals. Most of the money is year 1 and 2.

If that’s true it’s not too bad a deal... until he gets suspended again

8 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

4/5 starters are signed until 2023. they'll be fine.

How big a tosspot is Antonio Brown? Anyone seen his Twitter response to being fined for missing team mandatory practices? Mayock and Gruden should kick his arse. They should, but won’t. What an utter fanny. Hope my Broncos hammer these wanks on Monday. 

😎

I reckon week 3 or 4 is the point where the Raiders implode. They've brought it on themselves.

18 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

I reckon week 3 or 4 is the point where the Raiders implode. They've brought it on themselves.

I agree with you... knock on wood!

Raiders are going to suspend Antonio Brown for posting his fine letter on social media

Oh this is going to be fun to watch for the foreseeable future!

If the Raiders suspend AB he could lose $30m in guaranteed money.

What the f**k is he going on about?

IMG_0877.jpg