NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I was going to watch all the Jets games from 2012. Got to the Week 4 spanking against the 49ers and gave up. So frustrating.

After re-watching Week 1 vs Bills, it's obvious that Stephen Hill can be so very special if he had semi decent hands. He burned 1st Round Pick Stephon Gilmore every single time with good speed, athleticism and route running. He showed magnificent strength and balance on his second TD as well. But on every reception (5 for 84 yards), he let the ball come to his body instead of going to get it. He only got away with it because he had so much space to make the catch.

3-3 going into Week 7 against the Pats. 23-20 down with 4:19 on the clock. 21 yard pass, 13 yard run, 5 yard run and a 1 yard run leaves us with 3rd and 3 on the 25 yard line with 2:15 to go. Touchdown here surely wins the game. Step up Stephen Hill in acres of space...

post-19701-0-04163300-1366724125_thumb.j

Drops the ball. We lose in overtime.

Seeing as the majority of this thread is populated by Jets fans, are you guys happy with Sanchez or would you like to draft someone maybe in the second round this year or even give Tebow or Mcelroy a chance?

Seeing as the majority of this thread is populated by Jets fans, are you guys happy with Sanchez or would you like to draft someone maybe in the second round this year or even give Tebow or Mcelroy a chance?

This thread is mostly just me posting a shit load of Jets stuff. There's more Giants, Pats and Raiders I think.

I think Sanchez will do ok this season in the new West Coast system but he's not the answer. We should roll with it this year and draft a franchise QB next year (Teddy Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd or David Fales). Tebow will be cut and McElroy should never be on the field again. I have a feeling we'll draft a QB and if we do, I'd like it to be Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray or Zac Dysert - but I really don't want that to happen until the 4th Round.

This thread is mostly just me posting a shit load of Jets stuff. There's more Giants, Pats and Raiders I think.

I think Sanchez will do ok this season in the new West Coast system but he's not the answer. We should roll with it this year and draft a franchise QB next year (Teddy Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd or David Fales). Tebow will be cut and McElroy should never be on the field again. I have a feeling we'll draft a QB and if we do, I'd like it to be Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray or Zac Dysert - but I really don't want that to happen until the 4th Round.

It can be hard to predict if a QB will be franchise a year before their draft, Barkley was touted as first overall pick this year and Jake locker had a fall two years back. Of course you understand the jets better than me but i think maybe a third round on a guy with a reasonable ceiling but low bust potential to try and groom to be a good backup at worst and hopefully a starter but thats just me i dont trust USC QB`s at all. Im assuming you guys will draft a RB t some point this draft, any ideas?

It can be hard to predict if a QB will be franchise a year before their draft, Barkley was touted as first overall pick this year and Jake locker had a fall two years back. Of course you understand the jets better than me but i think maybe a third round on a guy with a reasonable ceiling but low bust potential to try and groom to be a good backup at worst and hopefully a starter but thats just me i dont trust USC QB`s at all. Im assuming you guys will draft a RB t some point this draft, any ideas?

Yeah, those are early impressions for next years QB but Bridgewater looks like the real deal.

Hopefully not until later. You can always find value and we have 2 half decent RB's already when there's bigger needs. Andre Ellington is a man I've been banging the table about but I think he'll be gone before I feel comfortable taking him. Dennis Johnson and Kerwynn Williams are two late round backs I like. Both can make an impact on special teams which is a must for Rounds 5-7.

Really looking forward to the draft. It's got an "anything could happen" sort of vibe about it with no real consensus picks past Joeckel at #1. Think there will be picks getting traded all over the place and there's going to be some tactics in play right away. Glad Sky are showing the first night, and will follow online for the rest.

I actually quite like the Jags new unis, though the lids are maybe just a wee bot OTT!