NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

You mean potentially year long suspension for Josh Gordon, not likely. The murmurings have been that it'll be between 4 and 6 games with the Browns appealing against anything on the top side of 4 (probably successfully given precedent)

I think as a repeat offender he's now at the point were he'd face a year-long suspension (or that may actually be strictly indefinite but enforced as or assumed to be a year in the case of Justin Blackmon). Marshawn Lynch is another who is one failed test away from a long ban.

In honesty, I'm not au fait with the legalese of it and if the league haa powers of discretion when dealing with each case but my point is that banning players for so long for testing positive for a largely - arguably completely - harmless drug is ludicrous given that it can be used legally in two states of the country both of which have NFL franchises. This is particularly daft when you consider the oftentimes meek punishments handed out to players who are involved in far more serious situations.

Let's just see what ban Gordon gets compared to Ray Rice or Greg Hardy, (if the latter two indeed get anything) and see how misplaced the NFL has it's priorities.

Anyway, thanks to the OP for posting the article as it is a really interesting subject.

Miles Austin appears to be Cleveland bound.

Are they a legit contender to win their division? Would they have been if Gordon wasn't suspended?

I don't think so. They will be aiming for an 8-8 season

Miles Austin appears to be Cleveland bound.

Are they a legit contender to win their division? Would they have been if Gordon wasn't suspended?

When Gordon is back aye, Miles Austin has been done for the last 2 years, Nate Burleson is done, Travis Benjamin and Greg Little have both been flops so far. I do however like Andrew Hawkins and the Earl Bennett signing so that's something I suppose

When Gordon is back aye, Miles Austin has been done for the last 2 years, Nate Burleson is done, Travis Benjamin and Greg Little have both been flops so far. I do however like Andrew Hawkins and the Earl Bennett signing so that's something I suppose

Greg Little has been released

Greg Little has been released

Proof of his shiteness when he cant beat out an injured nate burleson, suspended josh gordon, miles austin who is apparently made of chocolate and...earl bennett... For a place on that roster

Jets have picked up Daryl Richardson off waivers. He deserves to be on an NFL team but not sure we need RB help. Will be in competition with Bilal Powell for the 3rd (and I would think) final RB spot on the roster.

Jets have picked up Daryl Richardson off waivers. He deserves to be on an NFL team but not sure we need RB help. Will be in competition with Bilal Powell for the 3rd (and I would think) final RB spot on the roster.

He deserves it? Based on what? He was the definition of 'Meh' last season when he got a chance, genuinely dont believe he has anything special to offer other than being a guy to put in at the end of the game when you're up by 21 points and dont want your main guy to get injured...

He deserves it? Based on what? He was the definition of 'Meh' last season when he got a chance, genuinely dont believe he has anything special to offer other than being a guy to put in at the end of the game when you're up by 21 points and dont want your main guy to get injured...

Deserves is probably the wrong word. He is good enough to stay in the league for a few more years. He's not special but I believe he has something to offer, similar to Bilal Powell or Jonathan Dwyer. Not someone you want carrying the load but he's there just in case.

Deserves is probably the wrong word. He is good enough to stay in the league for a few more years. He's not special but I believe he has something to offer, similar to Bilal Powell or Jonathan Dwyer. Not someone you want carrying the load but he's there just in case.

Meh, nah I dont even rate him as highly as those guys. If it came down to it Powell and Dwyer could both step in as reasonable backups full time, I dont think Richardson could even get production in a full time role, I'd put him alongside Matt Asiata as the worst backup running back in the league (well not anymore, but before he was let go) genuinely cant see him making a roster again.

Meh, nah I dont even rate him as highly as those guys. If it came down to it Powell and Dwyer could both step in as reasonable backups full time, I dont think Richardson could even get production in a full time role, I'd put him alongside Matt Asiata as the worst backup running back in the league (well not anymore, but before he was let go) genuinely cant see him making a roster again.

Full time roles are a thing of the past (unless you are AP or Jimmy Charles). Richardson can be a reasonable a change of pace back IMO.

What's your lads thoughts on the possibility of expanded playoffs?

Personally I dislike the idea. The setup is perfect the way it is.

Yeah I think so too. It would dilute the achievement and we would regularly see bad teams reach the playoffs. Every team in the league would be branded as a "potential playoff team".