NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

What are you talking about? The aim of the International Series is to grow the game's popularity in the UK. This isn't an experiment to see if there could be a London franchise or any of the other shite you're spewing.

Edited by GingerSaint

What are you talking about? The aim of the International Series is to grow the game's popularity in the UK. This isn't an experiment to see if there could be a London franchise or any of the other shite you're spewing.

No it's not, it's to grow their revenue! What an idiotic statement.

Do you think they sat there back in 2006 and thought: "We should really do something for those folks in the UK - I hear a few of them quite like us. We're even on TV sometimes".

They're playing games here in order to sell to people they otherwise wouldn't be able to. They're testing how far the demand for their game will go in London, the UK and Europe and the logistics of scheduling games outside of the US in countries and stadia that haven't hosted the NFL before.

In fact this post is so fucking stupid it needs two replies.

If their aim is to grow the game's popularity here, a much simpler and CHEAPER way would be to lend their expertise on how to develop the game at the grass roots participation in order to make it an accessible sport to play. They could work with the leagues in Britain that are already running. They could also subsidise the cost of TV rights in order that the games could be screened on a free to air channel so that everyone in the UK could watch the game if they wished.

Their intent is not growing the game's popularity, they're trying to capitalise on a group of people who would otherwise be unable to purchase from them and giving them a little more and a little more to see how far they can go to maximise that income.

What a fucking ludicrous statement from captain big mouth you big headed prig.

Settle down hen. :lol:

The NFL wants more revenue from international audiences. Growing the sport in the UK is a great way of doing this.

I'm not going to argue that their main (or initial) motivation is money. However, the post I replied to was moronic and off topic.

Probably a little early to ask this, can Sherman become better than revis? Or does a fit revis always have the edge?

Sherman is a shutdown corner, but he doesn't shadow the opponents top receiver like Revis does. Joe Haden has been shadowing the top receiver with great success this year. He has to be in the conversation with Revis and Sherman.

The fact is those matches wouldn't make Sky coverage and those of us with GamePass wouldn't watch them either.

The rights to these games would be heavily reduced so they were free to air like C4 have done this year!

I think 3 games is a step too far but pick the right teans and they'll sell.

If the Packers were over, I'd go but not if it was irrelevant dross like Titans v Browns for example.

Sherman is a shutdown corner, but he doesn't shadow the opponents top receiver like Revis does. Joe Haden has been shadowing the top receiver with great success this year. He has to be in the conversation with Revis and Sherman.

You think Haden playing for the browns has anything to do with him not getting so many mentions compared to the other two guys?

I think I even read Sherman for MVP talk, or listened to it on a podcast.

The rights to these games would be heavily reduced so they were free to air like C4 have done this year!

I think 3 games is a step too far but pick the right teans and they'll sell.

If the Packers were over, I'd go but not if it was irrelevant dross like Titans v Browns for example.

3 games too much because you think it may exhaust the UK fanbase?

I can see the chiefs coming over as an opponent.

You think Haden playing for the browns has anything to do with him not getting so many mentions compared to the other two guys?

I think I even read Sherman for MVP talk, or listened to it on a podcast.

Perhaps. Maybe because he hasn't made any splash plays but just kept the opposing receiver very quiet.

No chance when there's a man called Peyton Manning around.

Perhaps. Maybe because he hasn't made any splash plays but just kept the opposing receiver very quiet.

No chance when there's a man called Peyton Manning around.

Peyton can win in the cold, he's playing within a scheme, won less than half his playoff games blah blah blah.

Yet Peyton is the front runner no doubt.

Back to the IS. If a hypothetical jags v Brown's game sold 55,000 tickets is that a failure because it is 30,000 under wembleys capacity or is it success as it is a reasonable crowd by American standards for an unfashionable game?

If the nfl really wanted to bring in some £s they might start with that joke of an online store. Hardly any merch whatsoever, one jersey for many teams. They also make it near impossible to do international orders from their own site. I just use a third party to import my gear at same price as I would pay in dollars and no import charges -why can't they do that?

Still a success. Only 2 premiership teams get an average of 55k plus fans.

And that's for the dominant sport in the country, while there are capacity issues in the figures, it still shows that 55k at a sporting event is a decent turnout.