NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Disappointed to be missing the Niners vs Rams tonight due to work. Think this has the potential to be a cracker

I think the rams take an absolute cuffing tonight, just because everyone is so down on the niners, talking about how the rams always play em hard, never a better time to play them etc etc.

Been reading that kap has been using twitter jibes to motivate him, well after all the sacks the o line allowed last time he played the rams he better have his running cleats on.

I predict a few bicep kisses tonight.

Right Coach's, tonight is your chance to redeem yourself after the debacle of the last two week's. I have been really disapointed with our play calling in every game so far, but I believe the 49ers is a good match up for us.

On D we seem to be so petrified of getting beat over the top we play 8/10 yards off every single play. So far, we have QB's just getting the ball out quickly to the first reciever available. (Taking away from our strength of the pass rush because the QB is getting rid of it so fast.) He then has atleast 6 yards before there is any contact. Then to compound the misery our tackling on the most part has been awful. On O, the 49ers have no deep threat who is going to take one to the house from 80. There is no Jone's, Bryant or Fitz tonight. Boldin is fantastic but isn't a speedster so get up tight, double cover him if you must. Sure he is so good he may still come down with it but he's not running away from us, so surley there is no need to stand off and play soft zone. Man up and beat your man. Outside that I see nothing to scare us in the pass game. (assuming Davis isn't 100%) We simply have to play closer to the line of scrimmage, if we don't Kap and Gore will run us all day. Picking up easy 6/7 yards, moving the chains and scoring easy point's. WE CANNOT START SLOW AND END UP 20 POINTS DOWN AGAIN!!!

Unfortunatly our run game is simply not good enough. D-Rich would be a great change of pace back but isn't a work horse. 3 down back that we need. We saw a little of Pead last week and he looked decent. I would be tempted to start him and hope he can be the guy we drafted him to be. He does have ball security issues but he must be giving a chance. Sam has to attack the 49ers secondry. We have the speed to go deep with Givens and Austin, which will then open everything underneath for Cook. This dink an dunk onto there LB's will do us nothing. San Fran still has a great D but if there is a weakness it's in the backfield. I don't know if Sam is taking every check down by play calling or if he does it on his own, because he's not quick enough getting through is progresions. So many time's there is an open reciever down feild but Sam has already dumped it off to a reciever with next to no room to go. I also hope we play some hurry up and no huddle. Sam seem's so much more comfortable when in that style offence.

I do fancy us tonight but those thing's have to change. Stand off and give them easy yards we will lose. Man up and get tight and we have a chance. For me it's that simple.

Let's go Rams

Looks like Matt Flynn is gonna be starting at QB for the Raiders on Sunday. Schefter just tweeted:

"Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor, who suffered a concussion Monday night, is unlikely to play Sunday vs. Washington, per sources."

This is his chance. He cannot let this pass him by

I'm watching. Sky sports coverage in "not actually talking about the game they'll be watching" shocker.

Both teams have been disappointing. The Rams are 1-2, I was expecting that record after playing the cards at home followed by the falcons and cowboys on the road; I was expecting us to be more competitive however. 21-0 down to the falcons before we woke up, lost 31-7 to Dallas and even our win involved a 11 point 4th quarter comeback.

The sobering thought is that one of these teams will be 1-3 and I genuinely think they are both better than that.

I'm hoping that being at home will be enough to squeeze out a win but I'm not naive, this game likely wont be decided by what the Rams do. If Kap and the 9ers O-line struggle we will win, if they click we won't.