NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

That was a good way to open the season. It got a bit one sided in the second half but there was a little bit of everything to amuse people watching; touchdowns, comedy drops, players injuring their team mates, blocked punts, INTS. You name it.

Buzzing for Sunday now when the Packers start their season!

Was quite surprised that my local radio station were reporting on it this morning. Glad to hear it getting taken more notice of here these days, but it was as part of their "whats trending on twitter today" nonsense so doubt they'll be mentioning it all season.

There's only so much you can tell from watching 6 minutes of highlights, but looked a decent game. I expected a Bronco's win, but I thought it would have been closer than that.

Roll-on Sunday now!

Also.... Trevathan :lol::bag

Bollocks. Alarm went off crawled to living room and then fell asleep waiting for game to start. There will be no such mistakes for pats v jets!!

On a positive note glad to see my views on ravens getting a ducking were borne out. Even with injuries manning has too many weapons on that O.

Mike Carlson tweeted to.confirm MNF on eurosport. Someone asked last night if you get that on virgin but I can't be arsed trawlin back. I have it on M virgin package which I think is most basic.

Not showing anything on the Sky TV guide for it yet, but they do have "This is Eurosport" filler nonsense earmarked for when this weeks MNF would be on. Here's hoping. Couldn't watch live, but at least I could record the Texans game.

Do you know what the best thing about the game last night was? This play...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013090500/2013/REG1/ravens@broncos#menu=highlights%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000239091&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Baltimore doesn't challenge a dropped pass by Welker, Demaryius Thomas with a ridiculous juke move and the guy shouting "Wooooo!". :lol:

Do you know what the best thing about the game last night was? This play...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013090500/2013/REG1/ravens@broncos#menu=highlights%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000239091&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Baltimore doesn't challenge a dropped pass by Welker, Demaryius Thomas with a ridiculous juke move and the guy shouting "Wooooo!". :lol:

I wasn't sure if i was the only one that heard that, glorius woooooooooo!

Broncos I think are stronger, although we will miss Von Miller. I am looking forward to watching our offense this year though. If we can establish a semi decent running game, to disguise the fact that we will throw on almost every down, then there could be big scores.

:thumsup2

Go Broncos! We didn't even need to establish a running game!

I know this should be in the gambling forum, but I can't help thinking im going mental.

Paddy power have a mythical handicap this weekend between the pats and the broncos.

so the pats are -18.5 and the broncos are +18.5

as far as my understanding of handicaps go, the broncos get +18.5 added to their weekly point total and the pats get 18.5 taken away from their points total.

The broncos scored 49 on thur, +18.5 means that their handicap total is 67.5

so the pats would need to score 90 odd to win the bet??? 90-18 = 7

or have I got it the wrong way around??

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/american-football/nfl-weekly-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=1290711

Managed to avoid the score until I got round to watching it on GamePass today. It was like that episode of the Likely Lads at times. The pub I was in before the game last night had on Sky Sports News and showed it about half a dozen times. Thankfully the sound was off!

Anyway, just finished watching it there, and you have do doff your cap to Manning. That level of performance at that age against the - admittedly weakened - defending champions was simply incredible.

Got me right back into it now, looking forward to all the frustration that watching the Dolphins entails on Sunday!