NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I don't know how to post YouTube links via my phone but if you just search "American Football made simple" or "Anerican Football explained" or something like that. Plenty of links come up.

Haven't tried them cos too lazy but maybe pick one with lots of "likes" then that should help you.

Still better to watch with a mate though so you can ask as you go along. So long as you understand the downs, you'll be able to pick the rest up easily enough.

Because he's really, really good. And he's redefined the qualities of a QB. Watch the draft. Folk are going to be looking for QBs who can run like wide receivers, kids who can shift are going to be QBs instead of your Big Ben giant types. His impact has been remarkable. And look what he's done for the SF wide receivers, too. Crabtree's career took off the day CK got the job.

RG3 and Russell Wilson were doing it for 9 weeks before Kaepernick became the starter.

Exactly.,Kaepernick has played 10 games and people are rating him so highly.

In my opinion QBs who are better than Kaepernick

Brady

Rodgers

Payton Manning

Brees

Eli

RG3

Rothlisberger

Flacco

Dalton

Luck

Russell Wilson

Rivers

Matt Ryan

Possibly Schaub and Sam Bradford

Edited by lichtie23

I'm sceptical on Rivers, he did have a very poor offensive line this year and the were a lot of players out this year and had the severe disadvantage of having Norv Turner as a head coach. The Chargers had a relatively easy schedule. They beat pretty awful teams and the only good result was beating the Steelers. They blew a 24 point lead against Denver (6 turnovers from Rivers), Lost to the Saints who hadn't won a game at that point, Didn't score a TD against the Browns, lost in OT to the Ravens who weren't the team that won the Superbowl and blew another lead there. I think Rivers is decent but he did have Antonio Gates and Eddie Royal to throw to, and he throws at lot of picks.

I don't think he's very good, It could have been so different if Eli wanted to sign for them... Dick

Big news from the Giants this week is Nicks being made the top priority over Cruz in terms of a new contract. To be honest I think this is right as it will be much easier to find another good slot receiver than it will be to find someone that can catch in traffic and close coverage on the outside like Nicks can. In an ideal world they could structure Nicks's deal in a way that frees up some cap space to offer to Cruz but it's going to be difficult for JR to retain both these guys as i'd imagine some teams will be willing to chuck money at Cruz, something that we can't do. Hopefully he wants to stay in NY though as he seems like he has his head screwed on.

i'd hang on to him for a few more seasons, he'll have more options this year to throw it to, as a lot of players are returning and a better run game now that Mathews is healthy. They'll upgrade the defence and offensive line in the draft and maybe get another receiver/running back in free agency.

I'm sceptical on Rivers, he did have a very poor offensive line this year and the were a lot of players out this year and had the severe disadvantage of having Norv Turner as a head coach. The Chargers had a relatively easy schedule. They beat pretty awful teams and the only good result was beating the Steelers. They blew a 24 point lead against Denver (6 turnovers from Rivers), Lost to the Saints who hadn't won a game at that point, Didn't score a TD against the Browns, lost in OT to the Ravens who weren't the team that won the Superbowl and blew another lead there. I think Rivers is decent but he did have Antonio Gates and Eddie Royal to throw to, and he throws at lot of picks.

I don't think he's very good, It could have been so different if Eli wanted to sign for them... Dick

Until 2 years ago I would have put him up there, not an elite QB but just outside. I'st hard to tell if its him that's got worse or the fact the O-line is really really bad and he's lost his best WR and Gates is banged up and his ankles are going. He's a free agent in 2014 so this might be his last chance new Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator could help but only if they get pretty much a whole new O-line and probably a WR and TE.

I don't know how to post YouTube links via my phone but if you just search "American Football made simple" or "Anerican Football explained" or something like that. Plenty of links come up.

Haven't tried them cos too lazy but maybe pick one with lots of "likes" then that should help you.

Still better to watch with a mate though so you can ask as you go along. So long as you understand the downs, you'll be able to pick the rest up easily enough.

Cheers I'll have a wee look at them

Packers Schedule:

Home:

Bears, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Browns, Eagles, Steelers, Redskins

Away:

Bears, Lions, Vikings, Ravens, Bengals, Cowboys, Giants(AGAIN!!!), 49ers.

Tough schedule that without improvement on both sides of the ball we'll struggle to make 11-5.

With Driver retiring and Jennings, likely, to leave then we'll definitely need a good WR.

Bold Prediction: Revis to join the Packers.

The draft doesn't look nearly as important this year. The QB's are a shadow of last years newbees: Luck, RG3 and Wilson. A few decent running backs is about it.

The teams needing a QB will most likely struggle again, only Alex Smith would be a positive signing.

If the Bears get some decent cover for Cutler i reckon they will do much better.

2013 Washington Redskins Opponents
Home: Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, San Diego,
San Francisco
Away: Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Green Bay, Minnesota, Denver, Oakland,
Atlanta

Tough Schedule even if RG3 is back, the conference games are probably the easiest apart from KC and Oakland, Chargers will be a lot better next year

Bold prediction 1: Mike Shanahan to be fired next year

2013 San Diego Chargers Opponents
Home: Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, N.Y. Giants,
Cincinnati
Away: Denver, Kansas City, Oakland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia,
Washington, Miami

That's a good schedule, apart from Denver all of those games are winnable

Bold Prediction 2: Chargers to win the AFC West ahead of Denver.

Bold Prediction 3: Ravens to miss the playoffs.

Is there such a game of NFL manager. Like football manager? Me and my mate were talking about this last night and thought it would be awesome.

NFL Head Coach was last out in 2009

It was on PC and PS3

Probably get it on the cheap on eBay