NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I actually think we're in with a shout. We've beaten both the Jags & Titans so far and can do so again. Although the Titans will be better with Mariotta back.

We'll end up 6-10 or 7-9, which depending on how the Colts manage without Luck might be enough.

Although to be honest, if there are any decent QBs expected in the draft next year I'd prefer a higher pick.

I was at the Jets game on Sunday. It was the best experience I've ever had and even though you don't get the zoomed camera, high def replays and expert analysis, I would easily take a live game over a TV broadcast.

It's fucking great when your defense has them pinned back inside their own 10 and the crowd is putting all the pressure on.

I was at the Jets game on Sunday. It was the best experience I've ever had and even though you don't get the zoomed camera, high def replays and expert analysis, I would easily take a live game over a TV broadcast.

It's fucking great when your defense has them pinned back inside their own 10 and the crowd is putting all the pressure on.

Pics?

While it's not feasible in the immediate future, should I ever have a comfortable level of finance I'd love to watch the Bears at Soldier Field.

With the prevalence of Thursday games now it would be possible to combine a Bears home game with an away game in the same week's holiday and get to try out some other cool city like New York or San Francisco or wherever.

My question is: if you're an away fan at an NFL game... is it like in rugby or cricket where you can cheer for the away side without much grief other than, maybe, a bit of friendly piss-taking? Or is it more like football where you'd better sit in silence if your team scores or you'd get your head kicked in?

Edited by Bully Oui Villa

While it's not feasible in the immediate future, should I ever have a comfortable level of finance I'd love to watch the Bears at Soldier Field.

With the prevalence of Thursday games now it would be possible to combine a Bears home game with an away game in the same week's holiday and get to try out some other cool city like New York or San Francisco or wherever.

My question is: if you're an away fan at an NFL game... is it like in rugby or cricket where you can cheer for the away side without much grief other than, maybe, a bit of freindly piss-taking? Or is it more like football where you'd better sit in silence if your team scores or you'd get your head kicked in?

This could be utter nonsense but going by snapchat it's like rugby or cricket, my mum and dad went as well to Oakland Raiders and they said the banter between the fans sitting together was brilliant and incredibly friendly.

My Auntie and Uncle live in Livermore which is why I picked San Francisco 49ers, spoke to my uncle the other week and he tells me he's an Oakland fan!!! Definitely made the wrong choice but I'm sticking with the 49ers and plan on getting to a game when I visit him.

From what I've heard it's pretty much banter and casual taunting apart from when the Raiders and 49ers used to play in preseason, when there was a lot of crowd trouble.

Thing is, away fans at NFL games are pretty rare, with the exception of teams like the Steelers who have fans all over the country.

It's surprising how well you can see what's going on even from the top tier. I fully plan on going back some time.

My question is: if you're an away fan at an NFL game... is it like in rugby or cricket where you can cheer for the away side without much grief other than, maybe, a bit of friendly piss-taking? Or is it more like football where you'd better sit in silence if your team scores or you'd get your head kicked in?

Nah, it's like rugby. There was a few Dolphin fans in among the crowd near me at the Reliant, and there was no problem at all with them cheering. Granted that season we were decent and they were dreadful so they didn't have much to cheer though.

Glad you had a good time. Plus you got to see your mancrush Allen Robinson in the flesh.

It's normally around 50/50 if a well supported team is playing in Nashville from what I've read. Due to the weekend trips people take for the country music shite.

As mentioned the Bay Area teams seem bad which is surprising given the so called liberal nature of the place. I'd also not fancy being an away fan at any north east venue. Any of the Florida venues seems okay.

It's surprising how well you can see what's going on even from the top tier. I fully plan on going back some time.

I was in the Gods for the Phins/Jets game at Wembley. While running plays are hard to see what's happening, I knew Marshall had the long early completion from Fitzmagic the moment it left his hand.

Pics?

I can only get one that will actually upload. Most of them have my ugly mug in it anyway and you don't want to see that. Seats were very good and the view for the game-winning Marshall touchdown was outstanding.

post-19701-0-39071100-1447597943_thumb.j

The NFL announce Payton manning "battling" plantar fascitis. Usually the sort of word reserved for cancer or Parkinson's, not a sore foot.

It's shocking the amount of hubris he has to insist that he plays despite being a hindrance to his team.