NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Jets watch:

Out
Mike DeVito signed with Chiefs (3 years $12.6m).
Shonn Greene signed with Titans (3 years $10m)
LaRon Landry signed with Colts (4 years $24m)
Brandon Moore rumoured to Bears.
Dustin Keller visiting Dolphins
Sione Pouha was released.
In
Brandon Gibson visited Wednesday and stayed the night
Mike Goodson visiting Thursday
Antwan Barnes visiting Thursday
Victor Butler rumoured to Jets, visiting Steelers
Jets trying to re-sign Matt Slauson.
Looks like Keller is going to the Dolphins. He went out for a meal with them and stayed overnight. I'm disappointed that we didn't bring in Victor Butler for a visit. I like him better than Antwan Barnes who only had a situational role at the Chargers. I would also like to see us look at Bernard Pollard and Kerry Rhodes. I don't think Pollard will be too pricey but I'm not sure if Rhodes wants to come back. Mike Goodson visited the Bengals yesterday but didn't come away with a deal.

Rhodes was outstanding last year. He was only making $4 million this season so why he's been cut for a 35 year old I have no answer.

Excellent last year.

According to NFL.com theres talk of Kolb going to the Jets. That'd leave the Jets with 5 or 6 QB's (can't remember which). Kolb played under offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg at the Steelers.

Sanchez, Garrard, Tebow, McElroy and Matt Simms are currently on the roster. Tebow will be cut and Simms is a nobody. So if we add Kolb (which I'd be fine with btw) that would make it a 4-way QB competition in training camp. Perhaps we're trying to build one massive QB like the power rangers.

Rule change newsThere amending the Tuck rule.......thankfully

That's surprising.

I dunno if you heard Rich Eisen speak to Jeff Fisher about this on the podcast a couple weeks back? Fisher's on the rules committee and basically said it's not something they're really looking to change.

Yea I did. It was a great interview.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

With respect to Rams, Falcons might have Greatest Show on Turf: Steven Jackson, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Matt Ryan.

And don't forget Tony Gonzalez.

Concentrate on the D during the draft now please.

Good luck to you guy's your now my second team. If we dont make the play off's I will be rooting for you guy's hard.

ETA You aint even close to GSOT though :P

Edited by Stevie Les