NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

FAO of GingerSaint

You see this....

@RichCimini: Demario Davis is No. WLB, per Rex. Will replace Bart Scott. #Jets

As expected. I hope he makes the step up because he looked good with limited snaps last year.

Rex said he wants competition for the spot too and also that they never shut the door on old players returning. Paves the way for Scott to come back in a reduced role.

Brandon Albert tagged as well. He was drafted as a Guard so they could kick him inside and draft Joeckel/Fisher

Another scenario is where they trade down and get either Dee Milliner or Sharrif Floyd.

I can't see them giving someone 9 million a year guaranteed to play guard, the top paid guard in the league doesn't even make close to that, Carl Nicks was around 6m IIRC. He only gave up one sack last year too, hes a decent left tackle.

I think its a good move, if they let Albert walk, Joeckel would simply be a replacement pick, and it doesn't really improve the team. The Chiefs have tonnes of cap room so overpaying like they did for Bowe I don't think is too big of a deal considering his value to them.

I can't see them giving someone 9 million a year guaranteed to play guard, the top paid guard in the league doesn't even make close to that, Carl Nicks was around 6m IIRC. He only gave up one sack last year too, hes a decent left tackle.

I think its a good move, if they let Albert walk, Joeckel would simply be a replacement pick, and it doesn't really improve the team. The Chiefs have tonnes of cap room so overpaying like they did for Bowe I don't think is too big of a deal considering his value to them.

That's a very valid point.

Really hard to say what KC does now. Of course they could still take a LT but I think this might bring Milliner the CB into play. I don't think he's worth it but they should probably bolster a secondary that dorsn't lack talent but has suffered loses (Carr) and injuries (Berry, Flowers).

As well as that, you can never have too many pass rushers.

Darrelle Revis stated Monday that it would be "awesome" to play for the 49ers.

The 49ers are loaded with draft picks and in better position than any NFL team to make a run at Revis. "I would just be an addition to help them win that trophy," Revis said. "Would it be awesome? Yeah." The comments hint Revis would be open to a one-year rental in San Francisco. Added Revis, "My main goal as a player -- and I think all of us as players in the NFL -- is to hold that Lombardi Trophy up in the air and wear that ring."

ESPN's Adam Schefter doesn't expect free agent FS Dashon Goldson to re-sign with the 49ers.

"Goldson's going to be gone," tweeted Schefter. The 49ers refused to franchise tag Goldson for the second straight year, and he is seeking $8 million annually. Keeping him is thought to be a priority for San Francisco, but he may be too rich for their tastes. The 49ers could use the No. 34 pick they got from the Chiefs to find Goldson's replacement in what appears to be a strong safety class.