NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

While we're on the topic, can I recommend the NFL Draft Tracker podcast?

The host is a bit of a divet - though I actually like him - but Bucky Brooks is really good. He'll nod you to a few prospects, particularly from the PAC-12, obviously the SEC too and the Big Ten. He's very reasoned and fair.

They're based in California and it's quite West Coast concentrated however they have for been almost two years ahead of the rest of media on the slim prospects of Matt Barkley going number one overall. That's despite being fans of SC.

What other resources do people use in the run up to the draft? Along with the Cheltenham Festival this is the sports event I really like to study. Absolutely love it.

Whoever gets Barkley is getting a gem

1 average season does not make him a bad player.

I think so too. I think the knock on him is that he's not a great athlete which is the big fad right now.

But I think it pays to be counterintuitive in the NFL as with those kinds of quarterbacks now being overvalued, I would be delighted to take a smart pocket passer who can read the defense and be a leader to his team. That's what you're getting with Barkley. That said, and even though I've seen a few SC games and been impressed with him, I think I should probably bow to the knowledge of Brooks on Barkley.

The lad Patterson who is a wide receiver has been mentioned a good few times. He sounds exciting.

The other one would have to be Manti Te'o because of his off-field antics

Cordarelle Patterson was interviewed on that podcast a couple of weeks ago and he came across as an absolute braindead idiot. He won't interview well and I think he'll have to blow up the combine to go in the first round.

QB, Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy

RB - Shonn Green, Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight

FB - Lex Hilliard

WR - Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens

TE - Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland, Hayden Smith

T - D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Austin Howard

G - Brandon Moore, Matt Slauson, Vlad Ducasse, Caleb Schlauderaff

C - Nick Mangold

DE - Muhammad Wilkerson, Mike DeVito, Quinton Coples

NT - Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison

OLB - Bryan Thomas, Garret McIntyre, Ricky Sapp

MLB - David Harris, Demario Davis, Nick Bellore

CB - Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, Isaiah Trufant, Others

SS - LaRon Landry, Antonio Allen

FS - Yeremiah Bell

To be cut: Eric Smith, (SS), Bart Scott (MLB), Calvin Pace (OLB), Sione Pou'ha (NT), Jason Smith (T), Tim Tebow (Imposter).

Bolded are FA's. We won't see Greene, Hilliard, Schilens, Keller or Bryan Thomas back. The rest depends on what we do in the draft. I'd like to keep DeVito but start Coples and keep Slauson but start Ducasse. If we pick up a Guard in the first 2 rounds, I'd let Brandon Moore go.

Need to pick up a TE in FA. Idzik said he is going to explore all options when it comes to new players. I'd like to see Fred Davis. Excellent pass catching TE. I don't think we can draft one as that would mean spending a 1st-3rd round pick and they have to come in and start.

Edited by GingerSaint

They have a really good mock draft database with over 280 mock drafts. Including the ESPN insider ones that cost money to subscribe too

He has the Jets as the number 1 pick in his 2014 draft which is fucking ludicrous. He has us taking Eddie Lacy this year in the 2nd. He can't catch for shit and doesn't fit in with our new West Coast Offense. Tyler Wilson and Da'Rick Rogers won't be there for us in the 3rd and 4th respectively.

QB, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy

RB - Shonn Green, Bilal Powell, Joe McKnight

FB - Lex Hilliard

WR - Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, Chaz Schilens

TE - Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland, Hayden Smith

T - D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Austin Howard, Jason Smith

G - Brandon Moore, Matt Slauson, Vlad Ducasse, Caleb Schlauderaff

C - Nick Mangold

DE - Muhammad Wilkerson, Mike DeVito, Quinton Coples

NT - Sione Pouha, Kenrick Ellis, Damon Harrison

OLB - Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, Garret McIntyre, Ricky Sapp

MLB - David Harris, Demario Davis, Nick Bellore

To be cut: Bart Scott (MLB), Calvin Pace (OLB), Sione Pou'ha (NT), Jason Smith (T), Tim Tebow (Imposter).

Bolded are FA's. We won't see Greene, Hilliard, Schilens, Keller or Bryan Thomas back. The rest depends on what we do in the draft. I'd like to keep DeVito but start Coples and keep Slauson but start Ducasse. If we pick up a Guard in the first 2 rounds, I'd let Brandon Moore go.

Need to pick up a TE in FA. Idzik said he is going to explore all options when it comes to new players. I'd like to see Fred Davis. Excellent pass catching TE. I don't think we can draft one as that would mean spending a 1st-3rd round pick and they have to come in and start.

Surely Fred Davis would cost more than Dustin Keller? Or more accurately surely he wouldn't be so much cheaper that you could bring him in and jettison Keller?

Keller is one of my favourite players in FA this season.

Surely Fred Davis would cost more than Dustin Keller? Or more accurately surely he wouldn't be so much cheaper that you could bring him in and jettison Keller?

Keller is one of my favourite players in FA this season.

Don't know to be honest. They have both been in the league since 2008 and Keller has nearly 1000 yards more receiving and 5 more TD passes. Keller has started every year and been a more consistent performer. Davis has played backup to Chirs Cooley and been suspended for failing drugs tests.

EDIT: Davis should be cheaper but I expect he stays with the Redskins or get offered a ridiculous amount of money. If they franchise him for the second year running, it will cost them $6.5m.

Edited by GingerSaint

Don't know to be honest. They have both been in the league since 2008 and Keller has nearly 1000 yards more receiving and 5 more TD passes. Keller has started every year.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I knew Keller had a good year this year but I just assumed Davis had a more productive career even though he split time with Cooley. I guess that's what a media persona will do for you and in turn your checkbook when he goes to negotiate a contract.

What the hell am I supposed to do tonight? Going nuts already!

I think I'll give the Edinburgh Wolves another watch this season. Anyone else fancy it? They actually played some nice stuff last year!!

I keep meaning to go up and watch them but can't seem to find the energy to get my butt up to Edinburgh from the Borders.

Might take the wee man now that he can actually sit still for 15 minutes or so

Walter Football is decent for Draft stuff aswell.

They have a really good mock draft database with over 280 mock drafts. Including the ESPN insider ones that cost money to subscribe too

Yeah I really like Walter Football for all the draft and free agency/team needs stuff.