NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Well after another cracking Super Bowl possibly better than last years, sorry Lichtie! We look towards next season, which I have no doubt will be cracking, except for the Jets, which will be pish.

Welcome back SLJ and f**k off Pride of the c**t. :)

So; draft picks, who's going at #1, who do we all want, and who do we think we'll get?

We need a LB, probably end up with no girlfriend Te'o because he would fit in with our prima donnas.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

The official Sloop John B post superbowl QB rankings

1 Aaron Rodgers

2 Tom Brady

3 Peyton Manning

4 Drew Brees

5 Joe Flacco :ph34r: (up 5)

6 Matt Ryan (down 1)

7 Colin Kaepernick (Down 1)

8 Eli Manning (Down 1)

9 RG3

10 Rapist Burger (Down 3)

11 Andrew Luck

12 Russell Wilson

13 Cam Newton

14 Jay Cutler

15 Matt Schaub

16 Tony Romo

17 Andy Dalton

18 Mathew Stafford (Up 3)

19 Sam Bradford

20 Ryan Tannehill

21Philip Rivers (Down 3)

22 Josh Freeman

23 Christian Ponder

24 Carson Palmer

25 Ryan Fitzpatrick

26 Michael Vick/ Foles

27 Jake Locker

28 Brandon Weedon

29 Gabbert/Henne

30 Mark Sanchez

31 Cassell/ Brady Quinn

32 Anyone who is the QB for the Cardinals

Edited by Sloop John B

How you can rate Kaepernick that high is shocking.

Giants need to strengthen the:

Offensive line

Defensive line

Linebackers

Secondary

I believe we are picking 18th this year so I'd be delighted to draft Barkevious Mingo (LSU) or possibly Manti Teo depending on how far he falls. It's a poor QB class so whoever the Chiefs do pick is in for a horrible Rookie year

Can't wait for April 25th

Offensive line, offensive line, offensive line, offensive line and a young Quarter Back as Cutler only has one year of his contract remaining and spends at least three games a season out with a fractured toe nail.

If Urlacher goes we probably need a replacement too.

Not sure we can address all that with one draft.

I'd happily trade away our first round pick for a guy that's already at or close to Pro Bowl calibre on the OL. Whenever we draft somebody in that position they turn out to be shite.

Forgot to mention: trade Hester.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Rams needs are Saftey, WR, O-Line and an outside linebacker. Whether we do that via draft or FA I dont know. Report's have it that we have 25mil or so of cap space so personally would love to see a wee FA splash for a true No1 reciever. Although there isnt alot of options out there. Jennings looks like he will be a Dolphin. The other big name FA's are Bowe and Wallace. Id really like Bowe. Happy enough to draft the rest.

Really looking forward to the draft. First time in years the No1 pick aint a stick on so I am intrested to see how the Chiefs and all the high pickers go.

How you can rate Kaepernick that high is shocking. Giants need to strengthen the: Offensive line Defensive line Linebackers Secondary I believe we are picking 18th this year so I'd be delighted to draft Barkevious Mingo (LSU) or possibly Manti Teo depending on how far he falls. It's a poor QB class so whoever the Chiefs do pick is in for a horrible Rookie year Can't wait for April 25th

Because he's really, really good. And he's redefined the qualities of a QB. Watch the draft. Folk are going to be looking for QBs who can run like wide receivers, kids who can shift are going to be QBs instead of your Big Ben giant types. His impact has been remarkable. And look what he's done for the SF wide receivers, too. Crabtree's career took off the day CK got the job.

The Jets have a lot of needs. I'll try and rank them in terms of importance (for me).

Outside Linebacker - Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace should be cut. That leaves us with 1 OLB on the roster (Garret McIntyre). I've been obsessed with Ezekiel Ansah lately.

Running Back - Shonn Greene is a FA. We need a play maker who can catch the ball if we're going for a West Coast Offense.

Quarterback - Alex Smith or nothing for me. 2014 is where the franchise QB's are at. Matt Moore can come in as a stop gap if Sanchez goes.

Inside Linebacker - Bart Scott should be cut. We need depth. I'd like to see us take a shot at Alec Ogeltree. Very explosive player.

Tight End - Dustin Keller and Jeff Cumberland are FA's. Keller's been injured and is too expensive. Keep Cumberland. I'd like Delanie Walker but he wouldn't fit in to the WCO, too many drops.

Safety - Sadly, I don't think LaRon Landry will be back. He played far too good.

Cornerback - I'm resigned to the fact that Revis or Cromartie are getting traded in the next couple of years. "The Honey Badger" (Tyrann Mathieu) is intriguing in a late round.

Late round depth picks - FB, DT, DE, WR, OG.

What we need to do in the draft is trade down and stockpile picks. We have so many needs and there are no stud players that I don't want to miss early on. This draft is deep at almost every position (not QB).

Edited by GingerSaint

Because he's really, really good. And he's redefined the qualities of a QB. Watch the draft. Folk are going to be looking for QBs who can run like wide receivers, kids who can shift are going to be QBs instead of your Big Ben giant types. His impact has been remarkable. And look what he's done for the SF wide receivers, too. Crabtree's career took off the day CK got the job.

RG3 and Russell Wilson were doing it for 9 weeks before Kaepernick became the starter.

Right, I want to get into this NFL malarkey but I just can't seem to. I've tried, I really have. I know there are millions of people watch it and love it so it must be good, it's probably because I don't know the rules and stuff.

How do I get into watching this? Go to a game and see what it's all about?

Right, I want to get into this NFL malarkey but I just can't seem to. I've tried, I really have. I know there are millions of people watch it and love it so it must be good, it's probably because I don't know the rules and stuff. How do I get into watching this? Go to a game and see what it's all about?

If you've watched the superbowl last night and didnt enjoy it then this sport ain't for you. Try watching a full season next year ad maybe then you'll really enjoy it

Right, I want to get into this NFL malarkey but I just can't seem to. I've tried, I really have. I know there are millions of people watch it and love it so it must be good, it's probably because I don't know the rules and stuff.

Watch a game or two with a friend who understands the rules.

Right, I want to get into this NFL malarkey but I just can't seem to. I've tried, I really have. I know there are millions of people watch it and love it so it must be good, it's probably because I don't know the rules and stuff. How do I get into watching this? Go to a game and see what it's all about?

If you've watched the superbowl last night and didnt enjoy it then this sport ain't for you. Try watching a full season next year ad maybe then you'll really enjoy it

I'm watching it just now on sky sports 2. I'll stick to it, maybe I need to hang about with someone who actually understands the rules.

Watch a game or two with a friend who understands the rules.

Took the words right out my mouth lol

For the Broncos I would like to see us get in a MLB, RB, WR and Safety.

MLB - With all the controversy surrounding him it is still an outside chance that Te'o could slip to us.

RB - Everyone seems to be going mad for Lacey just now, but I would rather wait and try and pick up Knile Davis or Marcus Lattimore in the later rounds and sit them for a year to get fit. Both were stick on Round 1 backs pre-injury.

WR - Two players who could slip to our second pick that I would really like are Robert Woods and Da'Rick Rogers. Woods was thought of as a top 10 pick before being out played this season by his new team mate Marquis Lee (Who I rate as my top WR in college). Da'Rick Rogers is a beast but has red flags over a drugs ban but if he checks out during interviews he could be a monster in the NFL.

Safety - Some Broncos fans want a SS instead of a FS but I like the idea of picking up someone to play deep and ball hawk over the top. So I would like to see us take a late round flyer on The Honeybadger despite sitting out the season and multiple drug issues. He is a playmaker and that is something we could do with at the position.

do you play computer games? if you do id recommend getting a copy of madden nfl, this is what i used to learn most of the basics etc