NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Arizona eating a $22 million dollar cap hit this season by cutting him now rather than waiting another week and taking it in 2024. Tanking! 

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Arizona eating a $22 million dollar cap hit this season by cutting him now rather than waiting another week and taking it in 2024. Tanking! 

Makes sense to get it off the books, no money carries in to 2024 by doing it now. This year is a write off anyway with Murray unlikely to be fit for about the first half. Interested to see what happens beyond that, though. Caleb Williams has to be in the discussion if there’s a high pick for next year. 

49 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Jimmy G failed his physical with the Raiders

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1662666673172652033?s=20

wonder if one of their new part owners fancies a go at QB this year?

Raiders have reworked his deal. Presumably for a lot less guaranteed money.

Hadn't realised that Cardinals had already used their 2 Post June 1st Designation cuts

On 27/05/2023 at 04:17, Boo Khaki said:

That Murray contract looks even more stupid now than it did when it was signed. Chuck a ridiculous amount of money at a guy who is really not up to it, THEN set about a full 'scorched earth' rebuild :bag

That’s what happens when your GM is drunk. Could see Cards in the Caleb Williams conversation in a year. 

i am sure we will all talk about it in the 2024 draft thread BUT.... there is a CB out there playing for Alabama Kool-Aid McKinstry

wonder what his parents were drinking when they named him....

edit - Turns out it was his Gran that nicknamed him that... real name is Ga'Quincy. he does have sponsorship with Kool-Aid. I would happily be called Diet coke for a few hundred grand.

Edited by steelmen

25 minutes ago, steelmen said:

i am sure we will all talk about it in the 2024 draft thread BUT.... there is a CB out there playing for Alabama Kool-Aid McKinstry

edit - Turns out it was his Gran that nicknamed him that... real name is Ga'Quincy. he does have sponsorship with Kool-Aid. I would happily be called Diet coke for a few hundred grand.

Irn Bru surely?

3 hours ago, steelmen said:

'Kool Aid' is closer to an actual real name.

On 30/05/2023 at 04:36, steelmen said:

$473,000 is what Kool Aid paid him for NIL…and that was only sixth highest on the team.

I think Hopkins is still very good but he's in a position where he wants to play on a SB contender but also wants a lot of money and there's not many teams who fall into both brackets. Would absolutely take him at Buffalo on a one year deal but there's no way we can pay him the money he's after. 

Damar Hamlin returned to full practice this week, which if you believed some of the loonballs online is quite a good achievement for a body double / hologram.

It seems a bit odd you can't bet on anything if you are within the teams facilities... although i am not sure my company would be too happy if I was sat there gambling instead of working/listening in a meeting.

betting on NFL games of course you should be banned, getting a longer ban than a sex pest is the strange bit.

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

What like is DA Hopkins? Currently visiting Tennessee.

Cracking player, but would probably expect a big chunk of cash.

Was the best WR in the NFL for a few years at the Texans.

Rumoured that he doesn't bother practicing much nowadays though and was banned for PEDs.