NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

17 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Are they still trying to agree trade terms with the Packers? 

It's one of those things that needs a deadline to push it through. I suspect the Packers will want a pick in this year's draft so will be inclined to move at some point around then.

If it goes past the draft I think the Jets will be delighted at having got to use three top-50 picks on this year's team and will probably not be too hard to deal with when it's just 2024 picks on the table.

18 hours ago, steelmen said:

paying Rodgers' salary means they can't afford anyone else.

Jets were pretty decent last season, i am guessing they think that all they need to change to improve is the QB position.

Rodgers' cap hit this year is only $15m and they have a few restructures left that could be done to make more room.

Their OL is very suspect. Even if they take a tackle in R1, they don't have a center on the roster right now and they can't reasonably expect Mekhi Becton to start all year when he's played one game in the past two seasons. They're short a coverage safety, a coverage LB and a run stuffing DL. Plus they need to do a new deal for Quinnen Williams.

I find it strange they're not showing a little more urgency.

is that all? i thought his mega contract was somewhere in the region of $30-40m. $15m is nothing. He must be leaving green bay with one hell of a dead cap number.

I can see both positions. Green Bay want as many picks as possible as they are left with a lot of dead cap and Jets want some security in case he decides to chuck it before, during or after this season.

19 hours ago, steelmen said:

is that all? i thought his mega contract was somewhere in the region of $30-40m. $15m is nothing. He must be leaving green bay with one hell of a dead cap number.

I can see both positions. Green Bay want as many picks as possible as they are left with a lot of dead cap and Jets want some security in case he decides to chuck it before, during or after this season.

Yeah, the big cap hits are for GB when he leaves and then for the Jets when he retires. He gets $60m cash from whoever he's with at the start of the coming season, but it doesn't all hit the cap immediately.

The NFL's ridiculous 'next man up' QB contract nonsense continues. 

I'm not suggesting the Eagles shouldn't have been looking to extend, but I just don't understand why it's taken for granted that the next guy to get a contract has to get the new biggest deal ever when it's hardly ever the best QB being extended. At some point someone has to stand up to them like the Ravens have, and point out that if they want the biggest deal then they need to outplay every other QB in the league or go f**k themselves.

Edited by Boo Khaki

3 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Jalen Hurts just got paid.  $255m over 5 years, $110m fully Guaranteed.  $180m in Guatantees with no trade clause. 

skysports-lamar-jackson-baltimore-ravens_5036700.jpg.06293e33d29922490a775ccee0407bd7.jpg

Chris Smith, Jags, Browns and Raiders DL passed away, just 31. Going by TK's Tweet, there could have been a lot of pain, behind his demise. Whatever the reasons, sad news.