Mr. Brightside

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

How many days until the season starts?

58 days until New League Season - Free Agency

101 days until Day 1 of the Draft

191 days until Training Camp

199 days until HOF Game

234 days until Week 1 TNF

And more importantly, sale of Washington Commanders "coming soon".

One of the major reasons I'm 99% certain Carr is going to be outright released rather than traded. 

No trade would be formally ratified until March 15th, so, given that his deal becomes guaranteed on Feb 15th, a team could theoretically screw with the Raiders by backing out of the trade before then leaving them on the hook for Carr's contract. 

7 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

58 days until New League Season - Free Agency

101 days until Day 1 of the Draft

191 days until Training Camp

199 days until HOF Game

234 days until Week 1 TNF

And more importantly, sale of Washington Commanders "coming soon".

So 237 days until the Broncos get pumped again. That will do.

10 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

One of the major reasons I'm 99% certain Carr is going to be outright released rather than traded. 

No trade would be formally ratified until March 15th, so, given that his deal becomes guaranteed on Feb 15th, a team could theoretically screw with the Raiders by backing out of the trade before then leaving them on the hook for Carr's contract. 

GMs wouldn’t do that to each other. It would ruin any kind of trust going forward.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

GMs wouldn’t do that to each other. It would ruin any kind of trust going forward.

Not intentionally no, but say Carr is injured somehow before the trade is ratified, it's cancelled, and he's back to being the Raiders' problem. The Raiders can't risk it, which is why they'll cut him on Feb 14th at the very latest, and why I can't see anyone biting on a trade when they know he's shortly going to be a FA

When watching the games, every time they say Mick-feer-sun instead of Mc-fer-sun, Gold instead of Gould, or Glas-gow instead of Glas-go, got me noticing players names and started looking at how many NFL players have ‘Scottish place name’ surnames… aye, I’m a sad basturt’… so far, have noted players called Glasgow, Hamilton, Harris, Lewis, and, em, Huntley.…. anyone got any others? 😀

So much has been made all season about a 'lack of team speed' being the single biggest issue with the sputtering Chargers O and Herbert's woeful AYPA. I've just read a stat that puts just how awful it has been in perspective. 

The fastest ball carriers in the NFL get up to 21-22 mph. Our fastest ball carrier in the Jags WC game was clocked at 18mph, and that was... Justin Herbert. :bag:green