NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Some arguments between pundits that the Titans are making people take notice, and that they could win the conference, even make the Super bowl.

Apart from losing heavily to the Bills in week 2, the other 2 defeats were in week 1 by 1 point to the Giants and an overtime loss with a rookie QB to the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Good win against Green Bay (not unsurprisingly) with 8 first choice Defence out. They have been pretty consistent. Big couple of weeks coming up against the Bengals then Eagles.

Thoughts on a Conference win? Then on to the Super Bowl?

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Some arguments between pundits that the Titans are making people take notice, and that they could win the conference, even make the Super bowl.

Apart from losing heavily to the Bills in week 2, the other 2 defeats were in week 1 by 1 point to the Giants and an overtime loss with a rookie QB to the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Good win against Green Bay (not unsurprisingly) with 8 first choice Defence out. They have been pretty consistent. Big couple of weeks coming up against the Bengals then Eagles.

IdioticCourteousDragonfly-max-1mb.gif.9d3aef22ec141375880024463642d262.gif

Got to New York with the wife yesterday, so away to the Giants - Lions game this afternoon (and then Nets - Geizzlies tonight…feast of yank sport). More in to basketball than the NFL, but buzzing for both, and watched enough NFL through the years to know what’s going on and keep the wife moderately informed/interested.

Atmosphere should be class, and going to go relatively early to get a wander round some of the tailgating.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I am a Fife born Aberdonian living in Dundee, the bar was never going to be high.

True, i can see why you follow the Oilers...I mean the Titans... now.

p.s. you're still not winning the Championship title...

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, jagfox said:

True, i can see why you follow the Oilers...I mean the Titans... now.

p.s. you're still not winning the Championship title...

Thank you.

Correct, as an ex Oiler myself, it was only natural.

Maybe we can take the Seahawks lead and change Conference?

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Correct, as an ex Oiler myself, it was only natural.

Maybe we can take the Seahawks lead and change Conference?

We started in the NFC but I preffered the old AFC West tbh.

No point moving from the AFC South. Arguably the easiest division to win with a competent team. 

Edited by jagfox

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

No chance with Tannehill and that passing game. Henry is enough to give any team trouble, but to win Superbowls you need to be able to move the ball through the air on better defenses, and I think that's where they'll come up short. 

Should walk away with the Division and land a home playoff game, but the Ravens have an absolute cake-walk of a remaining schedule and I expect them to fight with KC for the #1 seed and the Bye. 

Got to New York with the wife yesterday, so away to the Giants - Lions game this afternoon (and then Nets - Geizzlies tonight…feast of yank sport). More in to basketball than the NFL, but buzzing for both, and watched enough NFL through the years to know what’s going on and keep the wife moderately informed/interested.

Atmosphere should be class, and going to go relatively early to get a wander round some of the tailgating.

This was absolutely fucking freezing, but a lot of fun. Got in tow with some boys with a mini bus at the tailgating so had a few beers with them before going in, which was a good laugh. Got to the seats and wife near died within 3 minutes of sitting there, so now the proud owner of a giants blanket. Game itself was entertaining even if the Giants were pish.
69ef0026c9223d6794530a37da97cf9d.jpg
ff36cbc3cf59743be061c550d5c06fd2.jpg
14c5671d87caad73a5001bd4cc0758e8.jpg

6 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

This was absolutely fucking freezing, but a lot of fun. Got in tow with some boys with a mini bus at the tailgating so had a few beers with them before going in, which was a good laugh. Got to the seats and wife near died within 3 minutes of sitting there, so now the proud owner of a giants blanket. Game itself was entertaining even if the Giants were pish.
69ef0026c9223d6794530a37da97cf9d.jpg
ff36cbc3cf59743be061c550d5c06fd2.jpg
14c5671d87caad73a5001bd4cc0758e8.jpg

Those seats look excellent.