NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

This guy does a good job of explaining why the quibble over 'gross motor instability' is important, how it may have led to Tua being cleared to retake the field after suffering a legit concussion last Sunday, and also why it doesn't necessarily mean the doctors are in deep shit. Seems that it may well be that it is an oversight/deficiency in the protocol after all, but I still think there's a good chance Tua's lawyers look to go after somebody.

I hope Geno keeps it up for the remainder of the season (week 7 excepted), not because I care about the Seahawks record, but because I want to see how many stupid GM's there are who would attempt to Cousins/Tannehill him off the back of one decent year.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Cowboys & Rams fans rejoice as yer 14 consecutive losses at home also matched by the Ottawa Rough Riders is longer a pro football record as the Edmonton Elks hit 15 on Saturday. Cowboys run was 88-89 while the Rams run was 08-10. Rough Riders were the first to 'achieve' the feat in 87-88.

Edited by GNU_Linux

14 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Was it not the Rams who were bloody awful at home around 2008?

I know the Saints were pathetic around the end of the 70's and into the early 80's, but they won the Superbowl around 2010.

It was the Rams, massive brainfart on my part.

On 05/10/2022 at 16:14, peasy23 said:

Blake Bortles announces his retirement. Biggest surprise about that was that I had assumed he had retired a couple of years ago.

Wonder how much he earned in his career. I seem to remember Brock Osweiler retiring with over $70 million US in earnings… wonder if he fancies making a comeback to replace Russell Wilson. Maybe Fitzmagic fancies it? Maybe Sean Peyton could replace Vance Joseph. Sorry, Vic Fangio. Shite, I meant Nathaniel Hackett - they’re all the same. Easy mistake to make.

46 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Wonder how much he earned in his career. I seem to remember Brock Osweiler retiring with over $70 million US in earnings… wonder if he fancies making a comeback to replace Russell Wilson. Maybe Fitzmagic fancies it? Maybe Sean Peyton could replace Vance Joseph. Sorry, Vic Fangio. Shite, I meant Nathaniel Hackett - they’re all the same. Easy mistake to make.

48 million apparently