NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

1 minute ago, Antiochas III said:

Cowboys could be out of the running by then as they have Bengals, Giants, Commanders and Rams as next 4... then if he doesn't make it back the Eagles.  That's a real chance of being 0-6.  

There goes my bet of all of NFCE being .500 or above at the end of season...  

couldn’t happen to a nicer team

3 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Cowboys could be out of the running by then as they have Bengals, Giants, Commanders and Rams as next 4... then if he doesn't make it back the Eagles.  That's a real chance of being 0-6.  

There goes my bet of all of NFCE being .500 or above at the end of season...  

Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

Shite.

No Allen is a huge loss. I expect a sputtering O all game long because he's by far and away Herbert's #1 option on 3rd down. I'm concerned Lombardi will revert to being overly conservative, as he sometimes does, rather than being more aggressive on 1st and 2nd in an attempt to avoid being in 3rd down in the first place. Parham is a huge target in the EZ and he's really missed. McKitty was awful on Sunday, both in blocking and as a receiver, with a terrible drop that should have been an easy 1st down when we were backed up inside our own 10. LAC really can't afford to be at less than 100% strength in games v's KC. They have enough to beat average teams, but even this early in the year the Division games are absolutely crucial. Herbert is 2-0 in KC v's Mahomes, so while it's statistically unlikely he can go there yet again and win, if we do manage to pull it off it would be absolutely huge. I don't care how, but I think the D needs to really be on the money and prevent this deteriorating into a shootout. Derwin James is healthy, so Travis Kelce should be kept pretty quiet.

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I say you lads have a wee charity bet. Loser gives a donation to the winners charity of choice 

I’m a Paisley Buddie. Tighter than Aberdonians. You’ll get no money out of me…. 😃

The only certainty surely is that Denver will struggle offensively, and Hackett will continue to be guilty of bad time management, misuse of timeouts, and will generally resemble a rabbit caught in the headlights. As I posted on the Broncomania fan forum, all I’m hoping for is that by the time I travel down to London for the Jaguars game, we aren’t dead and buried, and watching Mahomes & Kelce disappear over the horizon. Again.