NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

19 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Oh, you were doing so well until that last, awful, ludicrous, irritating and farcical sentence.
FUCH THE CHIEFS!

Just bought tickets for raiders @ saints at Halloween, 5th time in the dome and 2nd v raiders. So far I’m 4-0 so mark that one down as a L, sorry.  😊

As a Falcons fan I am weirdly optimistic about this season. Yes we aren't a playoff team and I expect to having a losing record. But to suggest we are the worst team in the NFL is a bit strong.
Whilst watching the draft I was raging when 8th overall we picked WR Drake London as our D-Line is the worst pass rush last season. But after day 2 draft picking up pass rush options and a punt on Desmond Ridder things look better.
The only thing that pissed me off was the chasing of Deshawn Watson. Not sure how much the GM and HC had to do with going for him as the owner knew him from childhood. Glad we didn't get him.
Week 1 playing the Saints I have a funny feeling we can surprise them. Their secondary suddenly isn't as strong as it was, and if we get the running game going it should open up things downfield. O-line needs to function which might be an issue.

Last thought its all about next year for the Falcons with over $100m cap space next year, getting big contracts off the books and turned one of the oldest rosters into one of the youngest in 2 years I'm happy with what the GM is doing.
There's a plan and direction of travel which when I look at other poor teams I don't see.

10 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

As a Falcons fan I am weirdly optimistic about this season. Yes we aren't a playoff team and I expect to having a losing record. But to suggest we are the worst team in the NFL is a bit strong.
Whilst watching the draft I was raging when 8th overall we picked WR Drake London as our D-Line is the worst pass rush last season. But after day 2 draft picking up pass rush options and a punt on Desmond Ridder things look better.
The only thing that pissed me off was the chasing of Deshawn Watson. Not sure how much the GM and HC had to do with going for him as the owner knew him from childhood. Glad we didn't get him.
Week 1 playing the Saints I have a funny feeling we can surprise them. Their secondary suddenly isn't as strong as it was, and if we get the running game going it should open up things downfield. O-line needs to function which might be an issue.

Last thought its all about next year for the Falcons with over $100m cap space next year, getting big contracts off the books and turned one of the oldest rosters into one of the youngest in 2 years I'm happy with what the GM is doing.
There's a plan and direction of travel which when I look at other poor teams I don't see.

Similar to the Bears. Turned old roster into I think the youngest in the NFL and more cap than anyone else in 2023. Should be better coaching and an easier schedule (first 2 games aside) this year too.

I think we'll be competitive. Reckon something like 7-10 record.

Think rookie Safety Brisker could be exciting to watch as well.

Here's a question for any Cowboys fans? With Dak being out, would you consider trading say a 3rd to the Dolphins for Teddy Bridgewater?

Not suggesting he's the longterm answer, but he might just get enough wins to keep you in touch until Dak comes back. Dolphins lost a 3rd in the tampering punishment, so it also works for us.

Just looking for opinions as I've seen it suggested a lot on Dolphins Twitter/YouTube.

Not a Cowboys fan obviously, but a 3rd for Bridgewater is insanity. He's not going to keep that job once Prescott is back, so you'd be giving up a pick that should be netting you a starter for a player who is perhaps above average as a back up at best, and who will never see the field in ideal conditions. 

If you were talking about a 6th that was perhaps a conditional 5th based on Dallas making the playoffs or something, then I'd see that as more realistic, but in reality there are QB's on the street who Dallas could pick up for free who you could reasonably expect to fall not far short of TB in a small sample size of games.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Dak out a minimum of 4. Will miss the Giants game 

Cowboys could be out of the running by then as they have Bengals, Giants, Commanders and Rams as next 4... then if he doesn't make it back the Eagles.  That's a real chance of being 0-6.  

There goes my bet of all of NFCE being .500 or above at the end of season...