NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I don't think there was ever any real doubt about that, bar the unlikely scenario that Darnold suddenly made a major leap forward in camp and preseason. If they had any confidence in Darnold then Mayfield wouldn't be a Panther in the first place, and I think everyone has seen enough of Darnold by now to know that he's one of those who is just never going to get it.

Do you reckon Daniel Jones will step up this season, or do you think we might see Tyrod making starts before the end of the year?

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

I don't think there was ever any real doubt about that, bar the unlikely scenario that Darnold suddenly made a major leap forward in camp and preseason. If they had any confidence in Darnold then Mayfield wouldn't be a Panther in the first place, and I think everyone has seen enough of Darnold by now to know that he's one of those who is just never going to get it.

Do you reckon Daniel Jones will step up this season, or do you think we might see Tyrod making starts before the end of the year?

Tyrod will play. Not because Jones will be bad but because he will no doubt get smacked about behind the o-line. 

This is surely DJ’s last chance. If he flops then we simply have to move on

7 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Falcons up 16-0
Final score Jets 24-16

They're in regular season form.

It was just our 4th stringers trying to earn a place by showing they have Falcons mentality.

I’d give them all a roster spot they clearly have what it takes.

Yeah that does not seem as if the Bills did any background checks on him at all, and if the texts about the parents offering hush money to the girl are true it probably says it all. Cut him and move on would be my take, even if they're 100% convinced he's innocent I can't see how he can play while this is under investigation.

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Araiza can't be disciplined by the NFL, as he wasn't an NFL player at the time of the alleged rape.

So up to the Bills entirely.

He’s not in uniform tonight for their pre season game with the panthers 

Buys the team some time, can't see any way it doesn't end with him being binned unless they have cast iron evidence to say he's innocent.

Which from the parental hush money and his quote about telling the girl to get tested for STDs as he had chlamydia (FFS) and then backtracking and saying he didn't remember anything doesn't seem like a plausible scenario. 

snip1.png.12591d2e70a806a5ae2ee8202c8a851c.png
200.gif
Its only the preseason, it doesn't matter...Its only the preseason, it doesn't matter...Its only the preseason, it doesn't matter...

I thought new coaching/play calling would help Lock… maybe not.

Some of the int’s were horrible and straight to the defence with the receiver nowhere near.