NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

On 01/08/2022 at 08:03, lichtie23 said:

Deebo finally gets his new deal from the 49ers. 3 years, $73.5 million. $58 million guaranteed 

Details of the deal show that the majority of the money is in the 2nd and 3rd year of the deal. Handy with Jimmy G still hanging around like a bad, but very handsome, smell.

NFL appealing the independent adjudication to the...NFL.

NFLPA will likely take it to federal court and all the dirty mitigation they have on the owners will be in public view. Messy.

Edited by Fife Saint

Watched the condensed game highlights of the Raiders-Jags game. Las Vegas deserved winners. The run game looked really good early on with Josh Jacobs looking really sharp. Jarred Stidham looks like he can be a very decent backup to Derek Carr.

Jags we’re pretty poor in all aspects. Number 1 overall pick Trevon Walker played a few series and did get a sack on Stidham.

The roughing the passer call on Walker on the opening play of the game is absolute nonsense  

26 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Still can't get my head around an NFL franchise in Vegas. It's akin to a Scottish Premiership side relocating to Butlins. 

Ayr United?

Edit, you said Premiership, Kilmarnock then?

Edited by johnnydun

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Still can't get my head around an NFL franchise in Vegas. It's akin to a Scottish Premiership side relocating to Butlins. 

I still can’t get my head around an NFL franchise in Green Bay. The stadium rises like a colossus in the middle of a small non-descript town in a fcuking freezing location. It’s akin to ripping up Kilbirnie, moving it into the Arctic tundra, and plonking Wembley Stadium in the middle of it.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

The Packers have always been Milwaukee's team as much as Green Bay's, it just looks extra incongruous since they stopped playing home games there entirely.

Maybe there should be a campaign to have the NFL set up a franchise not in London, but in Cowdenbeath. Fife’s team. 😁

Garoppolo expected to be traded or released by 30th August  
I've seen rumours on Twitter that he might, might, be heading to the Pacific NW. I'd rather struggle through the season with Lock or Geno.

7 hours ago, Swarley said:
9 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:
Garoppolo expected to be traded or released by 30th August  

I've seen rumours on Twitter that he might, might, be heading to the Pacific NW. I'd rather struggle through the season with Lock or Geno.

Think Geno is your best option and then Draft a QB next year