NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Yasssssss! Denver @ Jacksonville here I come.

Think I might go to that one. Haven't seen either team.

Was gonna see the Packers, but think I could beat the Giants.

Think on paper, Vikes v Saints could be the closest contest.

You need to be online ready to order when they go on sale but, yes, they sell out pretty quickly. You don't need any points, though.

Expect to pay £70-£120 for seats not counting the mega expensive ones, I reckon.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

When it was announced that the Vikings could market in the UK, I hoped they would get one of the London games. They have, and I already have stuff booked for that weekend. Gutted!

On 04/05/2022 at 13:37, Boo Khaki said:

Looks like it's officially a Packers home game. I never thought I'd see the day, but I suppose it's only fair that all teams get victimised by this bullshit equally.

With the home/away split being 9-8 for half the league each season (then the other half getting the 9 the following season) we'll soon be seeing every extra home game being played elsewhere.

Just a case of where the NFL can slot them in, no doubt they are already looking at places in Australia, South America and China.  Its all about that lovely lovely lucre for the league and moving to 17 games allows them to take that extra game anywhere they want and still allow the teams to tell their fans they are getting the same amount of home games as when it was a 16 game season.

edit - and of course playing elsewhere around the world allows them to move games into new start times for the US of A and thus create a whole day of NFL action on a Sunday. The Europe games are all 0930 Eastern US time so you can get the viewers early and keep them there all day with a slate of games.

Edited by drs

Schedule release day in the USA though will be 1am here when it officially comes out. 

As per every year though, basically everything has leaked if you follow enough twitter accounts. 

If true, Bills have 5 prime time games ie middle of the night here plus one on Christmas Eve (a Saturday this year) at Chicago. Lot of sky plus and fast forwarding for me it looks like. 

Also if the leaks are true Bills @ Rams is the season opener. 

Edit : the KC game is 9.25 UK time on a Sunday night so presumably the Nantz and Romo game and not a 6th prime time game 

Edited by Fuctifano

25 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Also Jerry Jeudy arrested, no news on what for yet. 

Fans on the Broncomania forum are saying ‘criminial tampering and domestic violence’. Apparently he’s been put on something called a ‘no bond hold’, or was it a ‘no hold bond’. Something like that. Supposedly that means a minor misdemeanour. The criminal tampering thing seems to relate to damaging someone’s property. This being the NFL and America though, who the hell knows what he’s done.

Fans on the Broncomania forum are saying ‘criminial tampering and domestic violence’. Apparently he’s been put on something called a ‘no bond hold’, or was it a ‘no hold bond’. Something like that. Supposedly that means a minor misdemeanour. The criminal tampering thing seems to relate to damaging someone’s property. This being the NFL and America though, who the hell knows what he’s done.

Turns out he’s arguing with the mother of his baby and locked stuff in his car and refused to let her get access as she wants to leave the state.

A night in the cells seems a bit much